Chapter 30: Hopeless

No one's POV:

Rock Lee: We have to do something! We have to come up with a way to save her!

Kiba: How? You heard what they said. Besides their hate is stronger than reason.

Shino: This isn't right. She hasn't committed a crime. She was just scared and confused. None of this is her fault.

Hinata: Sh-Shino...I've never seen you so firm about something.

Shino: Well it's about time I am. It isn't right that they're going to kill her for crimes she hasn't even committed but the village will accept a murderer like Sasuke back.

A collective gasp came up from the crowd but Sasuke didn't react. He knew Shino was right.

Sayuri: Settle down, please. I know that it's difficult but we will find a way to save her.

Kiba: How? What can we possibly do?

Shino: Out of all of us, Sayuri and Naruto are the most respected and have the most pull. If anyone can convince the kage, it's them.

Naruto: We'll do what we can. I haven't really spent anytime with her but I trust my friends, if everyone thinks she's innocent, then I do too. Believe it!

And so they began discussing among them just how Naruto and Sayuri would sway the Kage once they came back.

Shino: And if that still doesn't work?

Sayuri: Let's just say I have an ace up my sleeve.

Rock Lee: What do you mean Sayuri?

Sayuri: Hopefully you won't have to find out.

At that moment the doors to the chamber opened and in came the kage with their assistants. The result of the vote was clear on the faces of Shikamaru and Kakashi.

Shino: No...

Raikage:Lord Kazekage, lower your sand dome so that we can do what we must.

Naruto: Wait! Gaara don't!

Naruto and the others got between the sand dome and the kage

Mizukage: Naruto just what do you think you're doing?

Raikage: Get out of the way! We have to end this before it can start!

Sayuri: She isn't like them! She has her humanity! She's our friend!

Tsuchikage: No friend is worth risking the fate of the world.

Hokage: Sayuri, Naruto. I know this is difficult, I wish it could be different but Lord Kazekage and I were outvoted. We have no choice.

Naruto: Yes we do! We could fracture her mind again. Make her forget herself and seal her memories so that she won't turn against us.

A murmur ran among the kage and their assistants as they considered this.

Mizukage: The seal would only hold so long as nothing triggers even the slightest memory. That would mean she would have to go the rest of her life never hearing the name of her clan or what they did, learn her true name, or interact with anything that reminds her of her true power.

Raikage: That will be completely impossible to accomplish! Now lord Kazekage lower your sand dome before I smash it myself!

Kazekage: I'm sorry everyone. I truly am.

Gaara slowly lowered his sand dome and little by little she became exposed, her white hair, white kimono, and pale skin. Her head was still obscured by memory transfer helmet so it was unclear if she had horns or not.

Lord Raikage: Everyone get in position! This ends now!