Chapter 32: Truth

Sayuri's POV:

My body felt like it was on fire, not just from my anger but from the pain as well. I could feel the blood pouring from my eyes, a part of me wanted nothing more than to rip them out to relieve the pain but I had to do this for brother Obito and the sage of six paths. I had to do this for the world. They trusted me with this challenge. If Andromeda died then our village was doomed. I had hoped to appeal to the humanity of the kage and not reveal this, but I had no choice now. If I could not appeal to their humanity then I would appeal to their fear.

My eyes could see everything, but I wish they couldn't. As I looked at my brother all I saw was fear, saddness and worry in his eyes. He begged me to stop this, that my body couldn't take it. No one knew that better than me but I didn't have a choice. That was when I saw Lee, he looked terrified, whether it was of me for for me I don't know. He was distraught, begging me to calm down.

I couldn't calm down, I couldn't control my own emotions anymore. It was as though I was watching my body from afar, but the searing pain and breaking of my heart kept everything in focus.

The room was filled with eyes of sadness, terror, confusion and anger. Except for one person. The Kazekage looked at me with a gentle smile and it was hard to believe that this was the man who almost killed my Lee, who almost handicapped him. He would never admit it to anyone else or complain but his old wounds still hurt him to this day. Gaara was the one who did that and yet he seemed to be the only one in the room who understood me,  and this situation, who wasn't afraid and I knew why. He was once considered a monster himself so he could immediately sympathize with Andromeda and in a matter of seconds I went from a healer who hated violence to weilding the eyes of a man who murdered countless people in order to protect people.

A show of force wouldn't be enough or I would just be seen as a monster. Gaara nodded to me and stated "It would appear that they finally have your respect, or fear of you. Please Sayuri, give us your testimony."

Raikage- Lord Kazekage what are you saying! This is treason! She needs to be stopped now!

Kazekage- I believe that Sayuri has a worthwhile testimony and I refuse to lower my dome until she is heard. If hearing the voices of our people is treason then I suggest you try and stop me too.

Kankuro- Gaara, are you sure about this?

Kazekage- More sure of this than I have been of anything else.

Hokage: You have our attention Sayuri. Explain this. Please. Before those cursed eyes hurt you.

Raikage- I will listen to nothing! This is insanity! I'm ending this now!

With that he infused his chakra and charged for the dome, but before he could get there someone stepped in the way.

Shino's Pov:

Shino- I suggest you back down Raikage. You're not getting anywhere near Andromeda or Sayuri.

Hinata- S-shino be careful!

Kiba- Wow, I've never seen Shino so fired up.

I was fired up. The kage have their titles, they have strength and these make them underestimate people and think that they know best just because of that title. They can't possibly know everything, we tried time after time to show them a different way of looking at this but they refused to see it because it wasn't the norm. I think it's time to break those norms.

Raikage- Stand down boy or I will take you down with them!

Shino- I would like to see you try. You may have brawn, but I won't need brute strength to take you down.

Raikage: What did you say to me!?

Shino- I'm done standing on the sidelines and watching you use your title and power to plow over people you see as inferior. It's time an inferior took you down a peg. If you take one more step, I'll swarm you with enough insects to eat your chakra dry, then you'll be as "weak" as the rest of us. That goes for the other kage too.

Raikage- How dare you speak to me like that you little....

Sayuri- ENOUGH!