Chapter 18: A tough decision

Shino's POV:

Kakashi: "Sayuri I didn't mean you, our parents were from this village so it's different."

Sayuri: "It isn't different at all Kakashi! She's more than just her clan name, she's a person! Do you remember the last time this village didn't trust people based upon their clan name? If not I can assure you that Sasuke does."

I saw Naruto grip at his stomach like he often did when he was stressed. I knew it was because of the mention of Sasuke, even though he had given up on being evil he still wasn't in the village and that hurt him deeply. Her words struck a nerve of those around and they began to look around at each other.

Shino: "Sayuri is right, we can't just judge her based on her name alone. We don't know anything about her."

Ninja: "She attacked him and put him in the hospital didn't she? Maybe she put him under a genjutsu, maybe she put them all under a genjutsu so they would protect her!"

The ninjas rallied again, even angrier than before.

Shino: "That's not true! She was scared and confused! She didn't mean to hurt me and she didn't put us under a genjutsu!"

Kakashi: "I'm afraid that this argument is a moot point. I am calling for a five Kage summit. We will proceed from there, until then keep Andromeda under a genjutsu and put her in our most secure cell under lock and seals as a precaution should she awaken.

The surrounding ninjas seemed okay with this but my comrades and I were not.

Shino: "No! We can't just lock her up, even if it is for a short time! We...."

I was interrupted by a cold calm voice and I was shocked to see it was Sayuri. Her beautiful features distorted and showed more anger and betrayal than I had ever thought possible.

Sayuri: "You've changed, the brother I know would never do something like this. "

Lord Kakashi looked taken aback by her words.

Kakashi: "Sayuri I must put the good of the world first."

Sayuri: "Tell me Lord Hokage, when did you forsake yourself?"

Kakashi: "Sayuri I...."

Sayuri: "You know a wise ninja once told me that in the shinobi world, those that break the written and unwritten rules are deemed trash... but those who would desregard their comrades so easily are even worse than trash."

Kakashi:"I understand how you feel Sayuri, I know it it isn't fair but it has to be this way."

Sayuri:"You don't understand how I feel. Think of it this way brother, you couldn't save Rin, you couldn't save Obito, you couldn't save Sasuke, but we can save her. We have a chance to stop the cycle of hate between ninja and the Otsutsuki clan here and now. If you throw her in prison on the basis of her name then you're just starting the cycle over again. If she is going to a cell then I'm going too."

Shino: "Me too."

Rock Lee: "Me three."

Naruto: "Me ughhhh.... four!"