CHAPTER 23

Alli's POV:

I walked home shivering. The cold applesauce leaked down onto my shirt and I was freezing. I eventually arrived at my house and I prayed that no one would see me. I opened the door and ran upstairs. I locked my bedroom door and took a shower right away. Afterwards, I put on some sweats and a over sized t-shirt and I let my hair down to dry. I walked downstairs and took something out of the fridge to eat. I ate my slices of watermelon and put my plate in the sink when I was done.

"Hey Alli!" Cameron walked in the kitchen while I was walking out.

"Hey." I said emotionless. He looked at me questionably but I ignored it and went upstairs.

Cameron's POV:

Nash called me earlier and told me about Alli. I feel bad for not being there for her. I didn't even know she's been having a hard time in school. She was walking out of the kitchen as I walked in. I said hello and she answered but her voice was flat. Nash told me to spoil her a bit so I decided to make her favorite meal for supper. We used to eat this together and talk all night long. She loved that. I took out the recipe book and turned to the right page. I took out all the ingredients and started my cooking. After mixing it all together, I took out a pan and poured the batter in it. I made about three pancakes for her and four for me and placed them on plates with sliced strawberries, some blueberries and some sliced bananas. I poured maple sirup on top and placed the plates on a wooden tray. I also put a glass of milk and utensils on the tray. I smiled at myself thinking she's going to love it.

Alli's POV:

I went on twitter until there was a knock at my door.

"Come in." I sighed staring at the screen of my phone.

"Surprise!!" I turned my head shaply and saw Cameron with a huge smile on his face. He was holding a tray in his hands. He walked over to me and laid it down on my bed. Pancakes!! My favorite! I smiled wide and looked up at him.

"Here, I wanted to make you happy so I made your favorite supper. You know like old times when we used to eat together and talk all night long." He is literally the best brother ever. I smiled at him and nodded.

"Thanks Cameron, you're the best." He pretended to flick his weave acting sassy.

"I know." I laughed at his silliness. We ate in silence. These are the best pancakes I've had in years. We put our emty plates on the tray and drank our milk.

"So talk to me... what's new?"

"Oh you know... same as usual." I tried to sound believeable.

"C'mon, there's got to be something. At school? With friends? Nothing changed?" When he said that I started wondering if he knew what was going on between me and Nash. It sounded like he knew I was lying. I sighed and told him what was going on. I told him about me and Nash and about the teasing. Well... all I said was this one girl said I was a fag and that's it. I didn't want to tell him about everything else. I can hadle it on my own.

"Do you want me to deal with that girl that called you a fag? Cause I can-" He started talking but I cutt him off.

"No, it's fine, it was only once." I reasured him. We talked and goofed around until 9 and I told him I was tired.

"Thank you Cam... for tonight." I smiled at him.

"Anytime, goodnight babydoll, I love you." He kissed my forehead.

"Goodnight, love you too." And he left the room. I went to my bathroom to brush my teeth and take my pills. I laid in bed and thought to myself 'This is the first time in about two weeks I'm actually happy.'