Chapter 13-

Liliana's POV-

Liliana's POV-

I love Lorenzo. I can easily say it without having to worry that he is going to leave me or ruin me. He loves me for me. That's all I have ever wanted in life after the murder of my parents.

I was currently sitting in his library, at his house- more like mansion, drinking coffee while reading 'The Weight of Feathers' by Anna-Marie McLemore.

The book is beyond amazing, it's about two rival families who fight against each other for customers. The two teens fall in love despite the feud between the two families. They also have cultural differences. One is French and the other is Spanish.

I hear some mumbling going on behind the doors of the library. I walk closely after setting down my book and it's the voice of Lorenzo.

"Fix this now! Or I am going to murder you!" He is screaming into his phone.

This Lorenzo is cold and dangerous; I want my loving and caring Lorenzo back.

I open the door slightly and I hear tired screeching outside and then the door flying open. Four men walk in holding up guns at Lorenzo.

They can't see me because I am in the library. I focus back on what's happening and see Lorenzo pointing a gun at them.

"What the fuck are you doing in my house?!" He coldly interrogates.

"We are here either for your head or your business. You choose which." One of the men in front orders.

Lorenzo doesn't think twice and shoots them all. After the first shot was fired, I screamed and shut the library door and locked it. I ran all the way up the stairs and hit in the farthest corner, away from the door.

I hear the door being unlocked and hear Lorenzo calling my name and cursing.

"Liliana! Baby! Where are you?! Fuck, please come out! I'm not going to hurt you!" I could tell he's getting anxious wondering where I am at.

I am sitting here with my knees against my chest and kept replaying in my head how cold-heartedly he killed them. He didn't even blink. He just shot.

What happens if I get him upset?

Will he end up hurting me if I ever do something wrong?

There's so many thoughts running through my head and the replaying of events weren't helping either that I didn't even notice when Lorenzo kneeled down infront of me.

He takes a hold of my hands, kisses them and places them back on my knees. I still haven't made eye contact. Lorenzo kept trying to get into my line of vision but I would just keep moving my head so he wouldn't be able to. He finally got fed up of that because he sighs and then lightly grabs my chin and forces me to look into his eyes.

"I would never- never in a million years hurt you. I don't want you to be afraid of me, please. Please, don't be afraid of me." Lorenzo's voice sounds pained.