Chapter 12-

Lorenzo's POV

Lorenzo's POV

Christopher was Liliana's abusive ex?!

"What do you want, Christopher?" I ask him still making sure Liliana was covered as much as possible with my body.

"I want your mafia empire to burn and crash to the ground just like my father's did. The fact that you also have Liliana makes this so much more fun. How's this; you step down and give your leadership to me or I kill Liliana?"

"Never. You will not lay a fucking finger on her."

"Oh, I see you have taken a liking to her. Too bad you won't be attached to her for long." I pull out my gun as Christopher does and we aim it at each other. Christopher was too stupid to bring backup so, hopefully this should end easily.

"Both of you drop your fucking weapons!" Liliana shouts.

"Never, sweatheart. Not until you are with me." Christopher says.

"Okay." Liliana simply says.

What the hell is she planning?

"Come here then and I'll drop my gun."

Liliana walks over to him but not before she sneakily kisses my back. Once she is within reach of Christopher, he grabs her and puts her behind him.

"You are going to let us leave quietly and step down from your position." Christopher says.

I look into Liliana's eyes and she nods her head to tell me to agree with him. "Okay. I will." I say making my voice seem like I am giving up.

He nods and I start to bring down my gun, I see Liliana take something out from behind her and I see that it's two knives. She digs the knives into his sides and kick his legs to he falls and takes out the knives as he falls.

"You bitch! I was going to let you live!" Christopher says.

I walk up to him and say, "You will never have my leadership and you will never have Liliana. I tell Liliana to call the cops while I put the weapons away. She nods her head and calls.

"I need someone here! My ex just came into the house with a gun and has threatened me and fiance. He was in jail before for abusing me. Please get here quick!!" Liliana says into the phone fake crying as well.

"Okay." I hear her say and she hangs up and walks over to me and I wrap my arm around her waist.

I walk us into the corner and I make sure to still stand infront of her protectively and wait for the police to arrive.

~~~~~~~~~~

After the police left with Christopher on a strecher, I help pull Liliana up from the ground and walk her into her bedroom. I carry her into the bathroom and set her on the counter.