Chapter 11 (Re-written)

Kyle parks in my driveway to let me out. It has been a silent ride since he got the point I don't want to talk. Truthfully, I just want to be alone. Too much as happened today. 

"Hailey, I don't know what happened today to put you in such a bad mood, but I'm sorry," He says. 

He is met with silence as I stare at the windshield, hoping he is done talking. 

I open to the door to get out, but Kyle grabs my wrist. I look down at his hand on me and back up to him. 

"I-I really like you Hailey. I'm not just saying that because of everything, I'm saying it because I mean it. I'm done being the asshole, I was done the moment you sat down beside me in Science. I want to treat you right, to actually be with you," He confesses. His eyes search my face for any sign of acceptance. 

I force a smile on my lips. "Thanks Kyle, but you shouldn't like me." With that, I climb out of his car before he could say anything and run straight to my room. 

I shut my door, my back leaning up against it. Sliding down to the floor, tears flood my eyes. I can't think straight. Everything is going through my head, but his name is burned into my thoughts. 

Adrian. My first boyfriend.

Also, just happens to be the first guy to ever break me. The only guy to ever break me.

The first day we met flashes into my head:

I walked along the campus of my first new high school. Dad moved me to this stupid small town, but at least it was a private school.

"Umm, hi. Do you know where Room 112 is?" I asked a black haired boy in front of me. The boy turned around and all I saw was green-hazel eyes.

"Umm, yeah. Anything for you. I'm Adrian, you are?" He asked me, walking beside me.

"I'm Hailey," I answered, unable to look away from those eyes.

Adrian smiled that smile that later turned me on. "Well, Hailey, I'm glad I could be your first friend here."

I bit my lip as he held the door for me. "Thanks," I mumbled, blushing deeply.

As we reached Room 112, Adrian bumped into my shoulder. "You want to hang out after school?"

I nodded. "Yeah, sure."

After that first day, things went sky high. We started dating the first week after we met.

I stayed at that school for two years because I was in love with him. I was in love with a boy that became my first friend.

Then, it was during one of our amazing dates, Adrian said he didn't like me anymore, that he cheated on me.

I didn't believe him at first. I mean, I was in love with him! How can you believe that the love of your life hurt you?

He got in his car and drove off, leaving me to walk home while it poured. I walked home in the pouring rain, crying, with it thundering and lightning above my head in the sky. It sounds so cliche until it actually happens to you. 

That was the worst night of my entire life.

For about a three months, I didn't talk to anyone. No one. I was just in shock. Then, one day, I woke up and decided to become the person I am today.

The bitchy, slutty girl everyone hates. 

Even though I say I'm better, there is a small part of me that knows I'm still that girl. The girl who was that foolish to fall for some stupid guy.

My phone buzzes in my pocket. Through my fuzzy vision, I read:

From- Unknown
The truth will be out soon enough if you don't dump him.

Even though it says 'Unknown', I know exactly who it is.

To- Unknown
Go away Zach!

My phone buzzes again, but I can't look at it. Putting my head in between my knees, I sob.

My worst nightmare is becoming even scarier.

Author's note-

I love you guys!! So I hope the whole 'Adrian' thing makes more sense now. If it doesn't, comment your questions!

Will Kailey get together?

Or will Zailey bring back Ailey?