Chapter 2

*Robin Douglas's POV:

In my last class of the day in English, I made the decision to stay after school for coach class in algebra 1 to get some help with homework.

I was finally out of out-of-school suspension. Kimberly was back from in-school suspension and kept giving me dirty looks all throughout the day.

I didn't pay her any attention though, she could get this butt whooping again if she wanted to.

But anyways, I had a decent day. Nobody really said anything to me, which is pretty usual.

My two best friends Beval and Gaia were the only ones who associated with me in this school.

Most of the people at school saw me as an intimidating monster.

Many people were afraid of me, not only because of my power, but also because I was tough, aggressive and had a serious facial expression. My attitude was pretty terrible as well and I had a tendency to stay in fights. I didn't take shit from anyone.

To the bullies in the school, I was seen as an arch enemy.

To the others, I was seen as a monster.

What's crazy was that even though I defended the lower class of the school against bullies, they still feared me.

So I did all of it for nothing...well, if you think about it, it wasn't just for nothing. Either way, if the victims were scared of me or not, bullying was wrong and it shouldn't happen to anyone. Not even bullies themselves.

But to get back on topic, English was a long, boring period. We were currently reading "Romeo and Juliet" by William Shakespeare.

I swear, that book was so cheesy it's not even funny. What makes it worse was that Juliet was actually 13 and Romeo was 18. But that was the norm back then. A gross one.

As I was dozing off while the teacher was reading from the book out loud to the class, the bell rang for dismissal.

It kind of scared me out of my slumber, but I was still happy to hear it.

"Yes!" I cheered as I closed the book and placed it back on the shelf with the rest of the books.

I grabbed my things, rushed out of the classroom and approached my locker, which was literally right across the hall from my English classroom.

"Hey Robin!" my best friend Gaia shouted as she skipped over to me.

"Hey Gi Gi" I smiled.

"Are you staying for coach class in algebra? I am."

"Yeah, I was going to. I need help with my homework" I replied before taking out my book bag and slamming the locker shut.

"I need help with the topic we're learning about. I scored a 50% on the test. I'm usually great at math, but not this unit. Yay me" Gaia frowned.

We began making our way to Ms. Belowski's class.

As we made our way, the students as they were walking, moved to the far other side of the hallway, scared to be near us.

"Hey, where is Beval? He is usually always with you" I asked Gaia, not paying the students any mind.

"Oh I don't know. I didn't see him by his locker. He must've went straight home" Gaia shrugged.

"Dang, he probably had to help his parents out with the restura-"

"Hey girls, wait up!"

We stopped in our tracks, turned around and saw Beval running over to us.