Chapter 13

*Beval Hernandez's POV:

I woke up the next morning, tired as crap but had one thing on my mind, and that was survival.

If we didn't stay in the hideout for the next five years then we would have to either: run or fight. Fight with guns and other weapons and use them against those who are against us, but also be on the constant run. We can't get comfortable at one place for too long.

But I'm starting to question, why can't she guarantee that we will be there for five years?

But at the same time, I had to be grateful, she could've said no and left us to fend for ourselves.

Once I got out of bed, I started getting ready to take a shower, but first I thought of something.

"Maybe I should check on Gaia" I thought out loud.

Because we turned our phones off and couldn't use them, I picked up my house phone and started dialing Gaia's house phone number.

She was the one who took the situation the hardest out of all four of us, so I wanted to see if she was alright. She seemed okay yesterday, but it was always good to check.

After a few rings, she picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hey is this Gaia?"

"Yeah?"

"Hey Gi Gi, wassup? It's Beval."

"Hey Val, what'cha doing?"

"Nothing really, about to get ready to take a shower.

"Cool..."

"Yeah."

For moments, we had an awkward silence. We would sometimes get them but this one was pretty short. It only lasted for about the seconds until I decided to speak up.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah...I'm just a little anxious about this whole thing going on, well, extremely anxious really. But I'm sure I will be okay," she responded in a shaky voice.

"You will. But look, I'm sorry for calling you Gothic on the day of Mina's party, I was only kidding. That was probably why you looked so upset while we were at the party."

"It's cool, I didn't care all that much, but what do you mean I looked upset?" Gaia asked.

"Well, when I was about to walk up the stairs to talk to Mina, I looked back and saw that you looked sad."

Gaia was silent for a few moments.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Oh yeah? Well, I don't remember why I was upset."

"You don't?" I asked as my eyebrows furrowed.

"Nope, not at all."

"Oh, well that makes sense, since it was months ago, so I wouldn't expect you to remember."

"Yea, so um, what'cha doing now? Hehe" Gaia giggled nervously.

"Uhh, about to get in the shower."

"Oh right, of course, well, I'll let you do that, see you later on, I gotta get myself situated."

"Oh ok. I was just calling to see if you were okay" I explained.

"Oh, I'm fine, thanks."

"No problem", I smiled.

"Bye."

"Bye."

I hung up the phone and hopped in the shower.