Chapter 16

*Robin Douglas's POV:

There was an intense pain in my head, like a severe headache.

I moaned in pain as I tried to touch my head to rub it, but I couldn't because my hands were tied behind my back.

I was confused.

"What?!" I thought to myself.

I could hear whimpering and crying next to me. It sounded like Gaia.

I opened my eyes and was in devastation at what I saw.

We were sitting on a bench in the back of a F.E.M.A van.

The room was spinning, and my vision was kind of blurry but I could still clearly see that Shimizu and Beval were sitting on the bench across from us, hands tied behind their backs and their mouths were tapped.

Shimizu looked as if he was sleeping. But then I looked at his arm and saw a tranquilizer bullet. That's when I realized that he was unconscious, a guard must've shot him for trying to fight back.

Beval was grunting, trying to wiggle the rope from his wrist by rubbing them together, but to no avail.

I realized that my mouth was tapped as well. I couldn't speak, all I could do was moan and grunt.

I looked at the window on the back doors of the van and saw that we were on the highway.

I tried to remember how we got in here, but then it finally came to me: Mina and her dad set us up and the F.E.M.A officers took us away. But first, they injected something into us. I didn't know what.

I tried to use my powers to burn off the rope that was keeping my hands tied, but my powers weren't working for some odd reason. It was probably because of what those officers had injected into me.

They didn't want us to use our powers, so they injected an unknown chemical into us so we would be defenseless.

I moaned out Beval's name and he looked at me.

I nodded at the tranquilizer bullet that was injected into Shimizu's arm.

Beval looked at Shimizu's arm and already knew what I wanted him to do.

I figured that if he pulled out the bullet, Shimizu would come back to consciousness.

Beval scooted over and turned his back to face Shimizu so his hand could pull out the tranquilizer bullet.

I looked up at the top corner of the wall and saw a camera looking right at us. I was hoping that they weren't watching us at this moment, but there was a big possibility that they were.

"Hurry Beval" I moaned.

After several long seconds of slowly taking the tranquilizer bullet out of his arm, Beval succeeded and tossed the bullet on the ground.

"Sit down and stay put!" An officer yelled at us after he opened a tiny window from the front of the van.

Beval wasn't taking any chances, so he quickly sat back down without moaning a word.

We watched Shimizu to see if it worked and sure enough, it did.

A minute later, Shimizu regained consciousness, but once he was aware of what was going on, he started panicking.

I tried to calm Shimizu down but because I was tied up, I couldn't do much to calm him down.

He was moaning and grunting like crazy trying to say something to us, but we couldn't make it out.

He looked around the van and at us, that's when he remembered everything that had happened and realized that this was it. He lowered his head in defeat.