Chapter 10

*Gaia King's POV:

Because I cared deeply about Beval and I didn't want him to get heartbroken, I decided to spy on him and Mina, to be sure that everything went well.

I was hiding behind a wall, watching from the right near the bottom of the main stairs of the house.

To make sure nobody got suspicious of me because I was hiding and staring up at Mina and Beval, I just stood there and acted normal, but at the same time, constantly looked up at the two.

He was circling her, she was smiling, he was smiling. They were obviously flirting with each other.

Every girl would've wanted to be looked at in the way he was looking at her. I wouldn't mind if a guy looked at me in that way.

I know it was wrong for me to spy on them and I honestly I didn't know why I was doing it. I did say it was because I wanted things to go well between Beval and Mina, but I was starting to question if that was truly the reason.

What did he even see in her? She wasn't even all that. So what if she was rich and beautiful?! So what if she had the perfect figure?!

She was only 16, by the time she hit 35 it was probably gonna flab away.

She didn't know Beval like I knew him, but yet he choose her.

Huh? What was I even saying? I should've been happy for Beval, it was the right thing a best friend should do, but why did I hate seeing them together at that moment?

As I was watching them, I saw Beval tilt Mina's head up. They were staring deeply into each other's eyes, faces only inches away from each other.

That's when I started to get a burning sensation inside, it was random, it was negative, and it didn't feel good. I hated it, I hated this feeling, I hated seeing them together.

I had been having these weird feelings towards Beval since eighth grade, maybe even before that.

I didn't know where they came from, I didn't know what they are, I never had them before and I felt like I wasn't supposed to have them.

Moments later, Mina grabbed Beval by his wrist and guided him off somewhere.

"Huh, where is she taking him?" I thought to myself. I had to figure out, I couldn't just stand there, I had to follow them.

I casually walked up the stairs and ran to the entrance of that hallway they went into. I peeked into the hallway and saw tons of butlers and maids everywhere, it took me a few seconds but I finally spotted Mina and Beval.

She was guiding Beval into a room.

That right there triggered me.

"What the-?! Why are they going into a room together?! Who does this girl think she is taking Beval into a room?!" I thought to myself. My blue stiletto nails scratched the wall as I cringed.

I inhaled and exhaled to calm myself down.

"I guess I'll just have to interrupt their make-out session" I whispered to myself mischievously as I was about to go "accidentally" barge in.

But before I could make my way towards the room door, someone tapped my shoulder.

I was praying to God for a second that it wasn't a security guard, but it turned out to be Shimizu.

"Gaia, what are you doing?" He asked me with furrowed eyebrows.

"Oh nothing, I was just about to go look around" I lied.

"Really? Because it kind of looks like you were spying on Beval and Mina."

"What?! Pfft, no! I was just checking up on them to see if they were okay" I lied with an intense smile.