TWELVE

"The Burning of Musgrove Manor"

It wasn't necessary for Genesis to stay in the hospital for more than a day. They stitched up the gash along her cheek while she slept and tested her vitals. It was a series of agonizingly painful hours that the Magnussens spent waiting for their youngest to wake up. Nearly all of them had chewed their nails down to their nail beds, one question weaving its way through each of their thoughts. Where was she?

She had said Victor Trevor and all of them assumed she'd found him. They were right, of course, but they never found out. As Genesis slowly woke, dazed and confused, she didn't recognise the people sat around her.

This instilled panic. Another few hours of conducting a series of memory tests dragged on and- with each test she remembered who was around her and roughly how she got there.

"I was in the woods..." She trailed off, her mother urging her on.

"And?"

"And..." She thought long and hard but it was no use. Sighing and grasping at her hair, Genesis shakes her head and purses her lips. "I don't know any more!"

▪~○••○~▪

She was allowed home that night after her continuous persistency that she just could not remember a thing. It was exhausting, all of the tests, all of the scans, so after a well-needed home-cooked meal Genesis finally crawled into her bed. Within a few restless minutes of finding a comfortable position that didn't put pressure on her stitches.

For a solid six hours she slept peacefully and undisturbed, that is, until she heard a piercing shriek echoing around the halls. Shocking awake, Trinity's screams forced her into involuntary action. She dragged her tired body out of her room in a sprint stumbling as her brain woke up. Heart palpitating madly in fear at what could be happening and a million thoughts anticipating the worst and telling her to go back to the safety of her bed, Genesis all but ignored every signal of terror her eleven year old body told her and she simply leapt out of the open doorway at the sight of amber light flickering in the air.

Trinity had a hand clamped over her mouth in terror while the rest of the Magnussens stared in horror. Skidding to a painful halt on her bare feet, Genesis acknowledged the familiar building of Musgrove Manor engulfed in flames varying from a red to yellow degree.

"Sherlock!" She screamed hoarsely as she pushed past her brothers and down the street.

"Genie, no!" Her family ran after her, David being the first to respond with Isaiah close behind. As David's arms quickly wraps around her waist to restrain her before she got any closer she didn't strain, she just watched in horror screaming for her friend and watching as fire fighters sprayed jets of water onto the ever-growing flames.

"Sherlock!"

"Genesis!" Snapping her head around wildly, bed hair tangling even more in the windy night air. Across the street, trapped under Mycroft's grip, Sherlock was yelling back at her. Shrugging out of her brother's grip, she sprints across the street and throws her arms around him. Feeling Mycroft's hand settle on her shoulder, she pulls away and looks up, tears falling freely despite having no reason to any more.

"What happened?" She sniffed, running her wrist beneath the stream of snot on her upper lip and looks between the two. They look over their shoulder to a black car with tinted windows where Violet and Siger were looking solemn.

"Eurus." Mycroft stated as they watched a man Genesis did not notice wrap his arms around Violet. "She did it. She upset Sherlock and then..." He sighs and shakes his head. Lifting a hand towards what was once his childhood home he hesitantly finishes his sentence. "She did that." Genesis raises an eyebrow and looks to Sherlock.

"What did she say?" Tears swim in his eyes and he lowers his eyes to the ground.

"Drowned Redbeard."