THIRTEEN

"Parting ways"

Unpopular amongst the kids, the next day was a normal day of school and the talk of the school was the burning of Musgrove Manor. After witnessing a group of students circling in on Sherlock in his class, Miss Murdock pulled him from the room to discover that he was- in fact- being heartlessly interrogated by the other students on his home burning and losing his best friend.

She felt sick to her stomach knowing that after everything he had been through, they were still heartless enough to bully and taunt him. Genesis didn't exactly speak to him or acknowledge his appearance in her classroom. She was busy ignoring the gawking students and the burning sensation beneath the stitches along her face. Questions were thrown her way, some similar to what Sherlock had faced and others that were simply frustrating.

"How did you do it?" She just shrugs in response. "You don't know?" She shakes her head, no. "How do you not know? Does it not hurt?" Rolling her eyes and dropping her face into her hands she inwardly groans. How many times does she have to say that she just doesn't remember before everyone accepts that.

"Miss Magnussen." Looking away from the table, she finds the Principle standing by Miss Murdock with a sullen look on his face. "Will you collect your belongings and come with me, please." Cautiously taking her bag from beneath the table, she hastily shoves her pencil case and book inside fully aware of the twenty nine pairs of eyes watching her.

As she approaches them Miss Murdock holds out a small wrapped package.

"Your mum told me a few weeks ago, I want you to have this." Accepting the package with complete confusion written across her face, Genesis offers a small thankful smile to her teacher before following after the Principle. On her way out she looked across the room and caught Sherlock's eye. He looked hurt. He looked so lost to see her go. He knew. Miss Murdock knew. What didn't she know?

She soon found out as they reached reception to see Trinity and Charles waiting in the reception area. Trinity sat lazily in one of the chairs by the entrance dressed in her travelling clothes. Charles approached his daughter and took her bag before shaking the Principle's hand.

"Thank you for your services." He states, earning a curt nod.

Looking up at her father as they left the building, Genesis looked over her shoulder and furrowed her eyebrows.

"Where are we going, Daddy?" He purses her lips and opens the car door to allow the girls into the nearly full vehicle.

"Away. I'm sorry you didn't get to say goodbye to Sherlock."

Shocked into silence, Genesis simply watches the building she had made her first friends in through the car window as it drives away. As they exit the village she sinks into her seat.

She won't be able to star in the school's production of Cinderella next month. She'll never find out what happened to Victor Trevor. She'll never know what comes next for the Holmeses and she still doesn't know where the moving van they are following is going.