Demon Catnip

When the news of Hank Pym's sudden death made the rounds, Erik was, of course, overly pleased with how K and Wanda had handled Hank Pym - more so when he heard how Pym had been hitting his wife. He'd been so pleased with it that he shifted his position slightly to bring K with him in Wanda's place so she could spend more time with the twins. The little woman had inadvertently gotten a fan base of her own that was vocal - and active. After seeing and hearing that how she handled Pym was her stance on wife beaters ... the female population backing both her and Magneto skyrocketed.

They had just come back from another rally, and were greeted by an absolutely unusual occurrence.

"You ... you have a visitor," Mastermind said as Magneto and K stepped onto the platform. The doors had just closed behind them and K couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at the idea. No one could visit Avalon. Not without setting off all kinds of defenses - and it was plain that had not been the case.

"How?" K asked, frowning at the idea as Emma joined them looking irritated.

"I think I'm more inclined to ask who," Erik said, pausing before he tipped his head for K to join him.

She nodded, falling into step ahead of him as the first defensive line - as they often did when going to meet with anyone of unknown powers, but when they turned the corner into the room that their guest was waiting in, K stopped short. The only thing that got her moving again was the fast that Erik laid a hand on her shoulder from behind urging her to move.

"I take it you've met?" Erik said, mostly to K, though he kept his focus on the tall, dark haired man that was grinning in the most unsettling way at seeing her there.

"Sir Vrykolakas," K said, tipping her head, though she was kind enough not to bust him out on his appearance to start with.

"Oh," Emma said, warming up suddenly. "The one you let slip away. How grand. I thought you weren't interested in joining the cause."

"Admittedly, that was before I saw how serious you were about changing the world's viewpoint," Vrykolakas replied, smiling at K, and not yet even looking at Magneto or Emma. "Recent events have drawn my interest."

"And what is it that you are gifted with?" Erik asked, still not having decided if he appreciated how Vrykolakas had simply invited himself to his domain.

Vrykolakas held his arms out wide and grinned as he finally turned toward Erik. "I thought you would have deciphered half of it yourself," he said before he teleported over to where Erik and K were. "I am a teleporter. The most powerful teleporter on our little mudball."

"And what is the other half?" Erik asked, his interest obviously piqued.

Vrykolakas smiled wider then shifted his form to that of the red-skinned, yellow eyed demon - his tail swaying slowly behind him. "I am also a shapeshifter, though this ..." he gestured to himself. "Is my true form."

Erik raised an eyebrow at that, obviously unsure if the visual of a demon would help them or not - though they needed someone that was diametrically opposed to the image that the X-Men had in their Angel. Of course, if this Vrykolakas could be seen doing good ...that would certainly do their image of misunderstood mutants wonders. "Very well," he said finally before he gestured to Mastermind. "Ms. Frost will give you the tour and find you a room-"

"Though I am quite sure your White Queen is certainly a reasonable guide, I'd much prefer someone more ... charming," Vrykolakas said, once again, smiling toward K. He didn't wait for any of them to agree or disagree before he reached out and took K by the elbow, pulling her to go with him.

She looked up at him with a little frown, though as they took the first few steps into the standard tour, Emma let out a pained sort of sound and fell to her knees, clutching her head. "Shame she's never learned to mind her own business," Vrykolakas said, whisper quiet as he smirked wider at K.