Pivot Point

For quite some time, the remnants of Magento's defunct group had been in hiding. It had been beyond embarrassing for them as far as public humiliation went when Mystique had been unmasked as a fake - particularly since most of them were fairly sure that it was Magneto, though why they didn't realize she didn't manipulate metal or float was cause enough for much of their backing to simply ... back off.

But they still had some followers. And they were rabid ones at that, so when they started to actually show their ugly faces with some serious heavyweights backing them, the combined teams had to act on it.

Of course, they pulled together at the mansion, and both Scott and Steve had called for all hands on deck so they could assemble the best possible strike force against them to take them down quickly.

But it was still kind of amazing that Scott had even managed to get K to show up at the meeting - what with her convinced that she had no business on either team. And though all of them were convinced that she was wrong, that first meeting with both teams was admittedly a little strained to start with. Especially since before all of them had shown up, Steve and Scott both were reasonably sure that it would require both ferals. And that would be the first time in a very long time that both of them had been working together - with Tony and the rest of the Avengers along.

Steve knew it was a killer one-two combo, and so did Scott - but ...

When K finally walked in with Scott almost pushing her along with him, she wasn't in uniform, and she looked like she simply didn't want to be there. "Just tell me what you want me to do and drop me off," K muttered to Scott. "I don't need to be part of the planning."

"Yeah, no. I don't play chess with people like Magneto did. You get input. Get used to it. It's how people with a conscience lead."

"Didn't have input on getting here," she said out of the corner of her mouth to him.

"Fancy that," Scott said, glaring Logan's way when the snerk from him was audible.

"Everyone here, Slim?" Logan asked, arms crossed and poker face in place.

"Shut up, Logan."

"Just wanna make sure you got time to haul anyone else in if you need it."

"Alright," Steve said, cutting in before it could get heated. "They have a mob started up already - and it's growing in size and level of destruction. We're looking at the usual suspects that have been causing trouble in the Brotherhood's name - but they have a few new players on their side."

With a sweep of his hand, Tony put up the mugshots for the newest recruits to the brotherhood's rampage, though he didn't really say much when the pictures spoke for themselves: John Wraith and Avalanche of all people were apparently in lock step with Pyro, the Blob, and Toad.

"That is a lot of god-awful testosterone," K muttered to herself, which at least had Jan grinning.

"They've also got a few nasty ladies if you want to steer clear of the big guys," Steve said, looking overly serious about the whole affair.

"Like I told Scott - tell me who you want me to take out and I'll take them out. It's very simple," she replied.

"And considering how you've been treated by others," Steve said. "We're going to give you a choice if we can."

"That's just sloppy," K said. "You know the strengths and weaknesses on both sides. You know what you want done. Unless it's a free for all."

"It's not a free for all," Steve said. "We need to partner up and hit them hard." When K simply blinked up at him, he let out a breath. "Natasha, Clint - I can count on you to work as a unit, right?"