Really, It's Nothing

Once the crowd around the former Avengers tower had more or less dispersed, Clint was already making jokes about how having Logan and K pull the snarls and stabbing routine was a much easier way to clear a room - though Natasha ignored him as she came to stand beside Logan. She didn't say anything at first, but when she did, she turned his way with a quiet, "Logan-"

"Shut up, Tash," Logan said, not even looking her way.

"Don't think I didn't notice-"

"I don't want to hear it." Logan glared at her for a moment then he was sure to simply walk away from her.

Natasha let out a quiet breath and shook her head as she followed him to regroup with the rest of the Avengers. She knew what she'd seen, and she knew that it didn't happen with just anybody... and she knew the defensive posture, tone, and response that went along with it told her that he knew exactly what it was she suspected.

Logan and K were an excellent match.

But honestly, that didn't help Natasha much. It was really just .more troublesome since K had appeared to be getting serious with Tony Stark. At least ... Tony was getting serious about her, and as far as Natasha could see ... K wasn't stopping him, or really even slowing him down. And Natasha knew that even if K didn't see it ... Tony would think that was a green light for full steam ahead, and that was certainly trouble on its own. She could deal with that later, but right now? Her priority was following her little uncle at a respectful distance to keep a closer eye on him.

At the other end of the spectrum, K wasn't entirely feeling like herself. It wasn't just the fight - or the blood loss. She was dizzy, and overly grateful that Steve had made a point to stick close to her even after the fight.

"You did well," he said as they walked toward the plane. "Are you going to be okay, or do you need something ..."

K looked down at herself and shrugged. "I just ... I wasn't expecting how that went down. I thought this was going to be a low key thing. You know ... show up with the good guys for a change, hang out in the back - and ..." K let all her breath out at once and looked at her hand before she scrubbed it across her face. "I know you were looking at this for a tactical move - a public move, but Captain Rogers, please don't expect me to be a mouthpiece." Her tone was soft enough that he almost had to strain to hear her. "I never wanted to do that for Erik -"

"It wasn't intentional," Steve said - almost matching her tone. "None of it was for you, I know that. I'm not going to put you in that situation, but K, a lot of these people won't listen to anyone but you with such a big gap in leadership from Magneto's old followers. We're kind of lucky in that right - none of them have the charisma, but ... they already like you. If they want your opinion, you're going to have to give it, even if you don't want to be the one to do it."

She frowned slightly and nodded to herself, her gaze firmly on the ground. "As long as it's not a calculated thing. Everything was strategic with Erik. He never made a move unless it was in his best interests."

"That's not what's going on with us," Steve promised.

"Yeah," she said, still keeping her focus on the ground. "I know. I just had to say something." She forced a little smirk and stepped past him - no longer wanting any part of the conversation. When she got to the jet, Logan was in the pilot's seat and the plane was ready to take off. She found Vision and made a beeline for him, grateful as always when he simply kept her company instead of trying to talk.

Even if they hadn't tried for it - the whole experience had K feeling as if she was the odd woman out. She frowned when she looked down at her uniform. The spots that she'd been stabbed ... didn't seem to be entirely intact. She examined the fabric, or what was left of it. The crowd had pushed in, sure... she just didn't think it had been that bad at the time.