After Genosha

K had watched as the door closed behind Jan, and as soon as she was alone in the room, she took a moment to spin on her toes slowly, taking the whole place in. it was a large room with tall ceilings and a window that looked out into an almost grotto-like garden even in the middle of the city like it was. It was a peaceful and quiet setting ... which was exactly the kind of thing she needed to slowly start to remember more of what had happened on Genosha.

She could see flashes of it in her mind's eye – the bombs and missiles when they first started to fall, were of course, the most dominant image. She knew Pietro had taken her off her feet. She knew she'd watched as people screamed and panicked. But after that ... she couldn't remember what had happened. Not really. Clearly the Avengers had shown up. But that part of the fight was just ... blank. Which meant she'd been hurt pretty badly if she couldn't remember it.

She made her way over to the window to look out at the garden. She pulled her hair over one shoulder and began to fiddle with the ends as she tried to remember what she'd misplaced of the battle, but all she could remember was the bombs. And the terror. So by the time that Tony got there -acting the part of cute waiter, just as Jan had said – K was almost holding her breath.

She turned when she caught his scent – which was only a second or two before he'd stepped in the door. "You caught me again," K said as Tony set down the tray, which of course had a large bottle of water. "You guys are totally screwing my average."

"We didn't exactly catch you," Tony replied with a crooked smirk that faltered almost immediately.

"Then I must have gotten hit harder than I thought," she replied a little quieter.

"You okay? 'Cause honey - I saw what happened to you on Genosha."

"You're being dramatic." K shrugged half-heartedly as he came closer. "I'm fine, probably. I don't remember seeing you there. Or any of the other Avengers. Though clearly ..." she gestured around herself and let the sentiment fall. Tony frowned at that, and pulled her into a tight embrace that she almost pulled back from if it wasn't the fact that she could scent out exactly how stressed out he was.

"Are you okay?" K asked, simply putting her arms around him and settling in. "I get beat up often enough. It's not that unusual, really." When he didn't let up, she clarified with the slight shake back in her voice. "I mean ... yeah, that was the first bombing I've been in ..."

But that only got him to let out a breath and readjust his grip to hold her a little tighter. "I'm fine," Tony said as K frowned slightly at his reaction and honestly snuggled into him better. She relaxed into him before he pulled back enough to steal a kiss. "I don't know what the right thing to do here is," Tony admitted. "Do I tell you what happened? Or am I supposed to wait for it to come back to you – let you watch the footage ..." He was holding her head in his hands, clearly looking for more than simple direction. "I just don't know how to handle it when the girlfriend's got herself in the line of fire and getting herself beat to hell and back."

K covered his hands with hers and tried for a little smile, not having expected him to react like ... whatever this was. "If I hit my head, or something, it'll come back," she promised before she popped up on her toes to try sneaking a kiss herself. "And it'll hurt less when it does if you just let it happen on its own."

"This is so much more than a bumped head, and what does that mean, 'it'll hurt less'?"

"It means that memories making connections hurt sometimes," she explained as the two of them seemed to relax a little more - his hands moved to her waist as she put hers around the back of his neck. "And if I try to force it or jog my memory, it hurts more. So ... whatever it was that happened, it'll come back in time."