Reunions

Somewhere along the way, Logan and K had gotten into a pattern, and it took him a little while to snap out of it and realize that they needed to go back. He didn't mind sleeping on the floor if it meant that K was comfortable, and he didn't tell her that he watched her get up and cross the little cabin to make the coffee every morning. She probably knew it, but he wasn't going to draw attention to it, though he knew that she was aware by the time she brought him a cup of coffee. Mostly, they did everything without talking - which was something new for Logan, too, but it was massively appreciated. In fact, it was probably too easy for them to fall into that little rhythm, and when he did realize how long it had been, he was ready to push to go back.

"As much as I hate to say it-"

"Or anything else," K cut in, which had Logan stopping to stare at her for a minute.

"Hey. I was followin' your cues."

"And I was following yours," K replied. "I thought quiet was good."

"Yeah, it was, but now we gotta get back."

When K let out a little sigh, he frowned her way. "You got a little gil there that thinks the world of you waitin' for you. I said you could get away and that I'd help you, but my one condition was that you go back to her. If you don't want her, then you at least need to let her know so she can pick someone else."

"I didn't say I didn't want her," K said before she met and held his gaze. "I just ... would prefer to take her to somewhere like this and stay gone."

"You know that wouldn't be what's best for her," Logan said, taking a seat next to her on the bed, where she'd been curled up.

"Yeah. I know. Which is why I won't fight you on it. We can go back I just ... don't know what happens next."

"With what? Stark? I thought you had that figured out."

"It's over," K said. "That's the only thing I have figured out. The rest of it ... what to do with Katie, or where I'm supposed to go-"

"You have a place in Westchester if you want it."

"I don't want to pick anywhere because it feels like there's not another option," K said. "That's what I've been doing. Floating along. I went with Erik because he helped me - until that shifted. And I went with your friends even after I wanted to leave - because of Katie, but because of Tony too. I'd thought that our thing had ended after Rhodey laid it out. I wasn't ... expecting him to be waiting for me."

Logan let his shoulders relax as he watched her. "You really can't think that he'd give up just because Rhodey said so."

"It was the smart way of thinking -"

"And you know men don't think smart when they got a beautiful woman on their mind."

"Yeah, i've heard," K said before she drew in a deep, slow breath. "Okay. I guess we can figure it out when we get there. If she isn't furious with me."

"She won't be," Logan promised. "I'm tellin' you- she's waitin' for you."

"That'd be one," K breathed out, though when she got to her feet, Logan grabbed a hold of her arm.

"Only because she's not here."

K froze and stared at him for a long moment trying to unravel that one. "And if I was gone ... without the supervision? "

"She wouldn't be alone in waitin'."

K did a little double take at that, though it was hard, after all of the quiet, peaceful time they'd spent for her to deny that there wasn't that same something that she'd seen from him when they were in Japan. "I can drive too," she offered finally, which had Logan smirking.