New Couples

The following day, Logan was once again wrenching on his Jeep - this time changing the axle lockers to a better set up for a lot more trouble on the trail than what he'd been getting into so far. The radio was playing old country tunes and of course, he had a beer near the small collection of tools he was using.

He hadn't been at it for too long - just long enough to make a mess, really, and he had a smear of grease across his cheekbone that he was absolutely ignoring as he worked.

It was a big job, and he was sure it was going to take every bit of the weekend to get it done - even if he had help - and to his surprise, Scott had said he'd meet him in the garage before too long. It wasn't the kind of project Scott did - let alone volunteered for.

So he wasn't entirely expecting it when Natasha slid under the Jeep with him. "So ...." she started out, letting her sentiment fall. Logan turned her way and simply held her gaze for a long while, unwilling to comment on anything. "You're not going to tell me anything? I can be just as patient as you."

"The fact that you came crawlin' under here to talk says otherwise," Logan replied in an even monotone.

"I just want to know if you have resolution on the matter from yesterday," Natasha said in her most professional tone.

"I thought the mission went alright," Logan said as he simply went back to work. "Didn't see how you did."

"Of course not," Natasha replied as she handed him a socket wrench. "You were busy paying attention to other things." She smirked crookedly. "So ... is this the first that you've been away from her or ..."

"The hell are you talkin' about?" Logan asked, turning her way with a frown.

Natasha paused for a moment and blinked twice. "Are you trying to tell me you didn't make a move on K?"

"Are you tryin' to tell me you think she's that easy?" Logan asked. Natasha shrugged, but before she could say anything further, Logan continued. "Cause if you want me to point out how quick you jumped into bed with Stark-"

"No, not necessary," Natasha replied, then paused. "And not the same thing, either." When Logan didn't seem like he was willing to volunteer anything Natasha took a stab in the dark. "So you have her out of your system then?"

Logan let his head fall back against the creeper he was using. "Are you honestly gonna sit here and talk about this the whole damn time?"

"Not if you just tell me without making me jump through hoops."

"I'm not talkin' about this with you, Tash. Go bother your stupid looking boy toy."

"I'm only watching out for you."

"Don't need a babysitter."

"Debatable," Natasha said, and Logan turned to hold her gaze with a very unamused look that naturally, Natasha returned. At least ... she did until Scott showed up ready to work.

"If you don't need the help," Scott started to say, but Logan cut across him.

"Nah, she was just jawin' a little bit," Logan said. "But she's in a rush to get back to Barton." He held her gaze - though Scott certainly didn't see it, and with a final disappointed look from Natasha, she shook her head and slid out from under the Jeep.

"All yours," she said, not even trying to hide her disappointment as she took Scott's offered hand so he could pull her upright before she stalked out of the garage.

Scott didn't comment as he took Natasha's place and slid under the Jeep to help. But when he got a good look at everything under there - it honestly had Scott a little more confused than just moments before.