Chapter 13: Sincerely, Mr. Psycho.

(Loki's/Tom's P.O.V)

The days had passed by.

Caroline was going to university again and her life returned to normality. I was attempting to help by delivering the newspapers for her so she would not be so exhausted when she returned and could focus on her studies. 

She was clearly disagreeing with me doing the work she was supposed to do, but I was beginning to feel uncomfortable. Ashamed by staying at her home all the time and doing nothing in exchange. We kept discussing all night, but at the end, my arguments and powers of persuasion won.

Xenia and I still ignored each other, but at least, it seemed as if she did not hate me anymore, and that pleased me. I did not want to cause any further arguing in the house and tried to create a delightful ambiance by giving in and making the first step. 

I had to find out what she liked, so I asked Caroline. She told me that Xenia loved baking pastry (and eating it afterwards). A plan had formed in my head. Since Caroline had taught me how to work with that 'Internet' I looked for a good cake recipe and found one that included chocolate and was highly commended for birthdays.

Exactly what I needed, as Xenia would turn twenty-six in two days. I printed out the recipe and read it twice before hiding it and making sure all the required ingredients were available.

So Xenia's birthday came.

I rose early in the morning to start baking since the cake had to be ready before Xenia awoke. The clock showed it was 5 a.m. , so I had still enough time to bake and clean up after I was done. Closing every door between the kitchen and the chamber of the two ladies, I tiptoed over to the counter and got a big bowl out.

The first step was to mix the basic ingredients together, and so I did. They were to be stirred at least for ten minutes. Now I had a yellow mush, and that was good (at least that is what I thought). Then, I took a cake mould where I poured the pulp in. Putting a cloth over was recommended so that the mixture would not become dry.

After the main dough was ready, it was time to mix the chocolate in a smaller bowl. Therefore I just had to mix the chocolate powder with milk and stir it for a while. After it was done, I divided it into two portions and put one aside. I poured the other half over the main mixture and pulled through with a fork. Now the dough was ready to bake in the oven, so I fit it in and set forty-five minutes baking time.

Whilst waiting for the cake to bake, I took the left portion of the chocolate and turned it into chocolate fondant, for later I wanted to overcoat the cake with it. Fortunately, I had made sure that there was enough vanilla cream in a tube as I wanted to write some nice words on the cake. 

That would be more personal.

Eventually, the cake was ready, and I covered it gently with the chocolate fondant. A decent sugar bomb had been created. Diabetes, I had created a source of Diabetes. Don't ask me how I knew what that meant. As breathing and speaking, I also happened to know what Diabetes was. Anyway, now the saying:

Happy 26th Birthday, I am sorry for bugging you so much.                                                                  
Sincerely, Mr. Psycho

I thought that if I wrote something funny, I would lift her mood, so I did it exactly like this and added a candle in the middle.

As fast as I could I cleaned up the kitchen and and put the cake on a plate. Then, I went freshening up. Afterwards, I went into Xenia's room and waked Caroline gently up. Unfortunately, I startled her as she was about to scream, so I covered her mouth quickly with my hand and signified her to be quiet.