Chapter 22: Twisted Minds

(Loki's/Tom's P.O.V.)

NO! This can not happen! Don't you dare hurt her, you monster!

"I am Loki Laufeyson."

Standing up, it was so relieving. Rising to my full height. I had been considered too small for a Frost Giant, but incomparably hulking to these mortals. It was rightfully satisfying. She backed away slowly.

"T...Tom?" She whispered anxiously. If I had not been so angry, I could have perhaps laughed at her fear. For then, a grin had to do.

Please, I beg you. Spare her from your cruelty.

"Mind the words I give you, mortal. You two have had your fun, but these times are over as from now. Tom is dead. He does not exist anymore. I have claimed back what rightfully belongs to me. And you better not stand in my way." I told her with a familiar malice.

Liar! Tell her I am here! Tell her I never left!

"Loki?" She questioned doubtfully. "Brother of Thor." This gave me the rest. I laughed a sadistic laugh, surely that of a mad man, but the maddest were also the most ingenious.
My hand shot out. I grabbed the back of her head, so her pathetically lowered eyes were on me.

It had always irritated me how people did not feel the need to look at me when I honoured them with my attention.

She winced not so unnoticeably and stiffened in shock.

"He is not my brother. I have no living relatives, the ones who claimed to love me have banished me to this wretched planet. And you were so stupid not to find out the truth whilst the answer was in front of you the entire time."

Her eyes flickered like a candle's petite flame. Open and shut. Darting from my one eye to the other. "I do not need the companion of pathetic fools, but you, my beautiful...." I hesitated, shifting my hand to her face. It was cold, too cold for a human. All the blood was drained from it. For some reason unknown to me, I rested my hand loosely on her cheek, not even holding on. I did not wish to be any harsher. Her tears wetted my palm. I smirked.

Don't.

".... you shall see what I have in mind for you." I hissed and left for the front door, but not before I gave a her a cold kiss on her forehead. It irked me - why such a humiliating task? It was surely a side effect of my delirium, and I decided it was to provoke the parasite inside me.

That other mewling mortal was approaching me, touching my arm and about to say something. I pushed her to the ground as roughly as I could and yelled:

"Do not dare touch me again, worthless Earthling!"

Then, I left the two hurt women alone.

Why have you done this? Tom sobbed inside my head. Why was he still in there? Why hadn't that weak, mortal soul left when I claimed the power over my body back?

I thought I defeated you?

You really thought I would give up that fast?

To be honest, I underestimated you. But now you will leave. There is nothing you can do! I control this body and you will lose!

Why should I? After you took everything I love, I do not see a single reason not to torture you with my existence. Give me a single one.

You will piss off because I say so, you bastard!

Make me.

---

Where are we going?