Chapter 18: Insane

(Loki's/Tom's P.O.V.)

"This is ridiculous!" I stated, not realizing I had crashed my fist down to table. It made a horrible creak.

"I can't just drop everything and flee, Tom. I have duties and a job, and the situation isn't even that bad. No need to adopt drastic measures." She told me and continued eating her lunch. I was boiling, why couldn't she understand that she was in danger of death? I facepalmed. She just returned from hospital, for crying out loud!

"Caroline. Please, try to understand me. Firstly, you were almost killed by a man with a dagger but we both made it. Then, a stronger and more dangerous demigod tries to batter you to death, but a mysterious woman appears and saves us. Do you really want to wait for the third try? Luck is not endless."

"I know, I know. But as I have already told you, I have no enemies. I still think all this was a horrible coincidence - " She wanted to explain.

"Coincidence! You think it is a coincidence that a demigod supposed to help humanity goes crazy and attacks a defenseless young woman? I do not think this is a coincidence." I interrupted her angrily.

She stayed silent and ate. After a while, she asked:

"Tom... Who do you think this woman was?"

I faced her again and took her hand in mine.

"In all honestly, I do not know. I felt different with her. Safe and secure. She said she knows the truth about me, and there was this strange attraction between us. Not in the way I feel attracted to you, but it was like I knew her since I was a born. This familiarity scares me." I told her, and became sad when I remembered her leaving me alone.

"Tom, I think she might be the same as you." She said out of the blue.

"What? What do you mean?" I questioned caught off-guard.

"She's clearly no human. Haven't you seen that tornado she came out of, and how she saved us? That woman just whispered some words and Thor collapsed! And she said she knows you...That means she comes from the same place as you."

I pondered about her words... Why did not I think about that?

"You know, her name is Frigga. At least, that is what she told me." I responded. "And as I recall, Frigga is the mother of Thor, that is what your 'Internet' said." I added.

"Then she must have seen that Thor was about to murder me and interfered to save us. And she must have watched us to know that nobody else would come to the aid, which means we aren't just some random people to her." She continued her explanation. But I was thinking about quite another matter...

Caroline said that Frigga must be from the same place as me. And Frigga is Thor's mother, which means she is a goddess. And if she is a goddess and I come from the same place as her...

It meant that I was a god.

It sounded ridiculous. But how else can one explain all the strange things about me? My strength considered incredible for mankind, my golden blood, my high-speed-healing... The fact I came from nowhere, that I was not familiar with all the things Caroline showed me...

"Caroline, I-I think - " I stuttered. My stomach twisted.

"Yes?" She replied considerately.

"I think - I think - I have to throw up." I muttered rapidly and bolted out of the kitchen, dashing into the bathroom.

Fortunately, I reached the lavatory in time so I did not pollute Caroline's floor. After vomiting everything I had eaten that day, I held onto the lavatory seat and had the dry heaves. Caroline was by my side, rubbing my back soothingly and holding up my hair.