Chapter 29: Drag

(Loki's/Tom's P.O.V.)

"You must understand, dear. I have to keep you here so I can protect and defend you if she tries anything. We can not leave Midgard as Odin will know and imprison me in Asgard. He will not know about you and Sigyn and will not believe one word of mine.  So please promise me, no matter what happens, you do not do anything reckless. Don't think for a moment that you have to sacrifice yourself, Sigyn will die and you will live."  I told her, and she nodded her head. I did not trust her nodding as Caroline was simply unpredictable and when she thought her death would solve everything, she would not hesitate.

I know her well enough.... Keep an eye on her.

"And what do we do now?"  She asked and put her hand on mine.

Do you know?

Not at all.

"I guess we will stay and wait here until she attacks. And when she does, I will be the one to rip her heart out of her chest. I cannot hunt her down, where would you go? If I only knew a place where she could never find you."   I replied, pondering and worrying.

Things became quite difficult....

You are thinking about something entirely different, aren't you?

Do you even have to ask? You know as well as I do that we can not keep this up forever. We love her both, and as much as I know she loves you, I am afraid I can not promise not to try to make her mine. And that might destroy us both as well as her. 'Tis wrong, we should not be in the same body.

And I am afraid that I can not promise not to stop you.

"Aren't you afraid I could die in boredom?"  She joked and poke my side. I tried to lift her mood and snaked my arms around her waist, throwing her over my right shoulder. 

"Ehehe! Let go of me!"  She shouted in between her laughter.

"Never!"  I replied and ran through the endless castle with her. She was not heavy at all and it was easy to keep my speed when I dashed through the icy corridors.

"Let go! You'll drop me!"  She was obviously referring to the slippery floor, but I never had any problems with ice. "Who is that ice queen everyone on Midgard keeps talking about?"

"You mean Elsa?" 

"Well, whatever this Elsa girl can do with ice, I can do better!" I exclaimed and finally got out of the castle through the huge gates. Oh, yes. I had a good taste.

Do not flatter yourself, I designed the facade!

Reaching a nearby lake, I stopped at the high bank and assumed it must deep enough. I laughed as she hit my lower back with her fists.

"Loki, don't you dare - " I could feel her tensing, she was afraid of how high we were and how far the surface seemed to be....

"Say, do you like water, Caroline?"  I asked and removed her shoes as well as mine. Do not ask me how. 

"No, I don't!"

"Well, too bad."  I replied and jumped into the lake with her in my arms.

We fell only for approximately three seconds, but she screamed the whole time.  Underwater, I let go of her and let her reach the surface while I began to remove parts of my armor so I could at least keep myself above the water. Soon, the lake was full of little, golden pieces and I was in the thin clothes I wore under the armor.

"Bastard!"  She said and tried to drown me by climbing on top of me and pushing me down. How sweet.

"What? I am the God of Mischief, what did you expect?" I teased and put one arm around her since she was panting and too shocked to keep herself afloat. She tried to look angry, but the smile that was threatening to creep over her face gave her away. Maybe I caused it with my charming grin and the fact that I could drown her right now in the middle of nowhere, but she stopped to fight and held tightly to me.