Chapter 32: The Sacrifice Pt. 2/2

italic:  Caroline and Tom (see P.O.V.)

normal: Sigyn and Loki (see P.O.V.)

(Caroline's/Sigyn's P.O.V.)

"Now be honest with me for once, pet. How did you expect someone as royal as me to even consider you seriously? I am a prince, a highness... What are you?"  

"Your rightful wife!"

"Rather, my wench." 

I will kill him, this immortal scum! I will cut out his heart and drink his blood, I will drain him and shred his body, I will send his soul to hell! He will beg me for a quick death!

Loki is stronger than you , he will defeat you, and so am I! We will fight to the death.

I knew Loki's intention and tried to help him distract her. Her anger made her weak, she was so blinded by insanity, and I could take advantage of just that. I could sense myself changing again.

You pathetic disgrace, you think you can defeat me! I am a Goddess and I will burn you down, I will leave you no pride and no dignity, the only thing you will know is pain and humiliation!

A battle cry escaped my lips. I cried with the burning sensation of shame. I had faded for a split second. All kinds of feelings erupted in me. I loathed, I oppressed this disgusting piece of meat. She was no more than mortal. There was it again - this unappealing sneer of Loki's. I used to love how he would give it to wenches desperate for his attention. But now, it was aimed at me.

"Caroline! I know you are there and you have to fight that loathsome piece of nothing! I know you can, you are stronger than her!"  

He wouldn't go silent. His voice, her voice - it was everywhere. My vision faded, already blurred by the lamina of tears of hatred in my eyes. My thoughts all concentrated on one thing - revenge.

"I will be the only one to love for you, and I will end you!"    I screamed and prepared to use another magic, lethal blow, till a better idea crossed my mind.

How much was this life worth living, anyway? I had done all of my misdeeds. I had inflicted much more pain than I had expected as a child, and I had pleased with it. Why not make this my last act of revenge? He should live, and never forget.

"If I cannot have you, neither will she."

That was the best thing I could do. The idea was brilliant, even though I wouldn't be able to see my good work afterwards. But it was doubtlessly worth it.

No! 

And yet Sigyn managed to draw a dagger and raise both of her hands, ready to stab me. To kill me, to end me, to separate me from Tom.

Loki was just staring at me, a little bit as if he zoned out. Clearly, he was talking with Tom and it seemed like they weren't sharing the same opinion - as always. Did he want to attack? Was Tom holding him back? Either way he chose, I could not win. 

If I go down, you will go with me.

I could see the scared look in his eyes. The fear, the hatred, the love - and determination?

His next step was as easy as decretory. It was brilliant, it was horrible. It would save me, it would kill me. It was as cunning as stupid.

I hate him for this, I love him for this.

"Don't! You bloody coward! You can not do this! I am Sigyn and nobody can do this to me! You will - "

Darkness came crushing upon my world.