CHAPTER-42

I woke up somewhere middle of the night. I checked the time on my Pixel. 1:45a.m. it read. I moved out of the bed and pulled the quilt over naked Eddie. I then texted Toni and Eris. My girl squad replied- I already am. Fuck! why am I always the late ass?

I showered and changed into a pair of blue joggers and a white crop-hoddie. Tying the lace of the white shoes, I sneeked out of the room. My hair was in a perfect messy bun.

I hugged Toni, when I got out of the hotel. Damn, it was cold. We sat inside the black car- Toni brought.

I felt my hands getting cold and my heart raced faster than rockets. I took slow deep breaths yet it did no good. The eerie silence was eating me. I knew everyone was scared but c'mon jiggle up some beats, atleast.

"We'll be fine, Eris!" I encouraged. Still cold silence. "For fuck's sake we'ren't going for a funeral!"

Toni pushed the buttons of the music player and a pop music filled in. It added an atmosphere like three bitchy-teers were trying to save virgins stucked in a porn movie.

Our car halted just outside Mycroft's territory. Suddenly there was cosmic smoke all over me and I realised it was Toni- to hide our smells. It was beautiful but momentarily. Mt. Rainer proudly stood and I and Eris shifted seeking Moon Goddess. Toni fetched our clothes in her shoulder bag, she carried.

She crawled on my wolf has we rode near the territory. Toni clicked photos of the weird border securities that just guard a few region of the territory. The section directed to a path that wasn't really a made road but due to often usage an imaginary road was created. The guards didn't have any scent or warmth. As if graveyard was digged and deads were pulled out of coffins.

We traced the path in a very discreet manner which we passed without any suspicion. My heart ponded but my wolf was calm as she sensed she has been here before.

It was the medical wing.
________________________________________________________

We then entered the most buisiet part of Canadian clubs and the teens were up all night. The clubs were so alive and shining. We entered the club where Scott worked after all the interrogations done in the beer stores, sex-clubs, material-handler, grocery(24×7), cable technician and a lot more.

All we have known from these was that their sudden gone wasn't that shocking. They took jobs recently or have not been working so long. One thing that blew our minds was that all of them had some chronic disorders but couldn't afford treatment. But the last working days for about a week, they seemed esctatic, energetic and quite fast in doing their jobs. Some, resigned their jobs before vanishing as if they knew what was about to come.

No reports or information still had been added in the nearby police stations. But this Scott was different from all of them. He owned this club named- Hot toasters. The club was in its full fledged mood. It was a nice club. Not too gliterry or expensive.

We made our way through dancing sweaty bodies to the bar counter. Eris asked a bar tender to escort us to the manager's room, which he willingly agreed because duh! Eris was responsible!

The new manager and owner of the club was a close friend of Scott. His full name was Scott Ink. We knocked his door. He opened after a few knocks, revealing a bald man with a grumpy face and inflated stomach. He was in loose polo shirt and denims. I instantly grew a dislinking towards him.

"Yes?" He asked politely, to my utter surprise. Never judge a man by his looks.

"Hello, I am Sidney." Toni relpied in an indimidative voice.

"Okay..." the man trailed.

"We are here to talk about Scott Ink."

"Uhuh? And pardon my behaviour if I ask who are you to him?"

"We were his girlfriends at different times. He left us; making us all together." Eris made her puppy eyes as she said.

"Oh my Jesus! But he was already married!" He blurted out.

"Huh?" Eris gasped in fake astonishment. So did I and Toni.

"But....but....he was with us. I demand where is he now?" I asked faking tears.

"I am afraid to say...he died," the man replied sadly.

"Holy Moly. He deserved death." Eris said curtly.

"Hannah.....you shouldn't be so heartless!" I pin-pointed.

"Hannah?" She looked at me in amusement but soon realised. "I mean Ana, he did wrong to you as well."

I rolled my eyes and looked at the man. "Well, who are you? I mean, whats your name?"

"I am Sylvester Mandore." He replied with a smile.

"Oh. How did Scott die?" Toni asked.

"Scott, well, he was very agitated at the last few days. He was married but wasn't happy with his wife. She was a real pain in the ass. He was always very presumptuous of things he owned and was also very adhered to them. So, apparantly he loved Courtney. But she never had the same empathy." Sylvester explained.

"That's why he came to us," Eris reasoned.

"I don't see. He never mentioned about you all but he always left early and never returned home on time." Sylvester said thoughtfully.

"Do you now?" Toni asked annoyingly.

"I am literally sorry about your loss. He must have meant a lot to you." Sylvester said. "He was good man. Loving him was very easy."

We hummed in response when Eris let out her crocodile tears,"Can I have his picture? Please?" She blurted out.

"Okay. Miss please don't cry." Sylvester offered his hankerchief and then we exchanged numbers- hence recieving Scott's photograph. He was that pawn in the game who had the power to change into anything, just needed to reach the opponent's territory.

We soon got out of the club and shouted in the air. It was indeed an excellent information. Now, all we had to wait for was trials. The proofs we collected, with no doubt will prove Tibble's guilt and that would make my case much stronger. Our plan worked worked exactly as we thought.

By the time we reached the hotel and Toni left, it was around four in the morning. I was afraid Eddie would be awoke by then, but he was a sound sleeper and five was his general time to say Morning.

We enetered the hotel and was greeted with silence. I was thirsty so went to the floor's watercooler to fetch water. Jumping on me, Eris snatched my glass of water, spilling all over my hoddie.

"Urgh!!!" I growled.

She giggled and drank. I poured myself another glass and greedily gulped all the contents of the glass, at once. Moving ahead of the watercooler was a balcony. Since still it was too early, sun had just sneeked out his soft yellow rays out of the bed of clouds. The wind was cool and freezing yet soothing.

I went to my room to meet awake Eddie standing straight with anger written all over his face.

Waiting for the trials' day? Not many chapters before the finale....so please enjoy reading and vote, share and comment.
-Pepper!😀