CHAPTER-43

"Care to inform where were you, Faith Hudson?" He spoke through gritted teeth.

"Erm....," I swallowed. His burning gaze didn't let me think straight, "I went out to drink.....um, water." My hands were sweaty and so was my forehead.

"Oh yeah? Then why do smell so alcoholic and," he sniffed and frowned, "so much like...Toni?"

"Toni?" I chuckled nervously. "So much like Toni, yeah?" What to answer then? I strached my forehead, chuckling like a joker.

He nodded. His eyes and expressions were full of sarcasm. He folded his arms. Fuck, being a werewolf! I looked out-wards and then sniffed my hoodie. Hoodie!

"Because this is her hoodie." I could hear a round of applause at my so perfect presence of mind.

'Well done, Faith' my wolf appreciated.

"Thank you" I said proudly.

"Thank you?" Eddie arched his perfect brow, sexily. Damn if that wasn't my foolness, I would have been fucking him already.

I thought out loud. A very dangerous and fooling quality of mine. "Uh....I mean, you would say it looks nice on me so I just replied, Thank you......" I trailed off and looked through my lashes.

He smiled and pulled me and cupped my cheeks. Caressing them as if they were feathers. His touch was soft and alleviating- after the secret mission we carried out. I could infer he was contemplating, something very deep and long.

"Tell me about it, Faith." He said softly. I gaped at his sudden demand.

"Huh-"

"Your eyes are a deep ocean of secrets, honey. No matter how much you keep it from me, its still a lie. Every secret brings lies, Faith." His words had such a deep meaning. I knew he wasn't fighting the urge to spill out my secrets but was sad- I was dishonest.

"Make sure you make up everything at last, Faith. Or maybe you keep on getting busy with keeping secrets, never realising where you left us behind." He took out his t-shirt and curled back to sleep leaving me in sheer confusion and guilt. Was I doing right? Alas, would I be able to make it?

With cupability, wrong and exertion fogging my mind, I slept next to Eddie after changing my clothes. Taking his hand in me, I curled in a ball when he pulled me in his warm and safe embrace. I wouldn't ruin anything between us, Eddie.
________________________________________________________

When I woke up next time, it was late afternoon. The sun was high up reminding me how late I was. Eddie wasn't in the bed with me but was standing near the glass window talking to someone. He had already bathed and was just in his black boxers. His back was towards me subtly showing-off his well-defined muscles that moved as he explained with his hands even though the caller couldn't see. His V-line sexily dropped till his torso and started his alluring ass. I was seriously drooling like a craving sex addict.

".........I want it done as soon as we return............Yes........Fine!" He hung up the call and turned. He smiled with his infamous knees-turning-water smile. I quickly got up and hugged him. After what all happened the day before, I needed to be in his embrace.

"I love you." I whispered. I snuggled closer to his naked chest. He smelled so good. Strong and refreshing.

"I love you too, honey."

"Are you still mad at me?"

"I don't know...." he lowered his voice at last.

I looked at him for the reason.