4- Feelings

Ever since Selena came over and gave Demi the cookies, Demi felt the feelings for Selena grow. But she kept pushing them away. She doesn't want to fall in love. She doesn't want to like Selena. What would John and Liz say? Demi already knows they're homophobic. They would hate her and possibly kick her out. Then what would Demi do? Besides, Selena has a girlfriend. Or so it looks like she does.

Selena hasn't said a word to Demi since that day. It's been a week. But Demi knows a lot about Selena. From watching her, since she's outside almost all the time. She must not go to school, or Demi just hasn't seen her. Maybe she's graduated.

Demi knows that Selena always comes outside right when the sun starts setting. She brings a book and a cup of something. Demi thinks it's tea but she doesn't know for sure. She knows Selena closes her eyes when she laughs. She loves the color purple and she loves wearing sweatpants. She knows that Selena's ears go red when her girlfriend holds her. Her face goes pink when her girlfriend kisses the top of her head. She giggles when her girlfriend tells her she loves her. After she giggles she says it back but with a peck on the lips. Demi knows that Selena has a special bracelet that she never takes off but she plays with it and twists it around her wrist every five minutes. It has a charm on it but Demi can't make out what it is. Selena always wears a hat. Whether it's a beanie or a snapback, she always has one on.

Demi knows almost everything about her just by watching her. Demi knows it's creepy but she can't help it. She has feelings for this girl, even if she doesn't want to admit it.

Demi pushed past Liz and into the kitchen. She stared at her dad who was talking on the phone. His face is scrunched up and he looks like he's about to explode. "Liz?" Demi said and turned around but Liz was gone. "Liz" She said louder and followed her into the living room. Demi watched as Liz plopped down onto the couch and grabbed a bowl of popcorn off of the brown coffee table a few feet infront of the couch. "What's wrong with dad?" She slowly looked up at Demi with a frown on her face. "He's fine. Can I talk to you?" She asked Demi sweetly. "Sure" Demi sat next down next to Liz and put her hands in her lap. "I know i've been really busy and I haven't gotten around to talking to you about that night" "Liz it's fine" Demi sighed and looked up at Liz through the top of her glasses. "I'm really sorry about what I said. It was rude and I didn't mean to hurt you" Liz was on the verge of tears. "It's okay" Demi wrapped her arms around Liz's waist. She let herself relax and found herself smiling. She's never actually hugged Liz like this. It's nice and comforting. But she can never replace Dianna. "You know I love you like my own daughter. But I know i'll never replace your mom. I know how much you love her and miss her. I promise I will never try to replace her, it's just I want you to love me as a mom figure" Demi smiled and hugged Liz tighter, She wants to give Liz a chance, but should she?

John walked in on them hugging and he was surprised. Ususally they'd fight and Demi wouldn't let Liz hug her. Demi looked up at her dad and let go of Liz. "Hi" Demi whispered and got up to hug John. "What's up with you?" He chuckled and rubbed Demi's back. Demi almost forced out an 'I love you'. But she decided not to say it. "I'm sorry for being a brat" Demi said. "It's fine" John said and Demi let go of him. "Have you seen the girl across the street?" John asked both Liz and Demi as he sat next to Liz and took a handful of popcorn. "Yes" Liz replied. "Her names Selena" Demi said and smiled. "She's disgusting" John whispered. "Always invisting her girlfriend over and kissing her in public" John said and made a disgusted face. Demi sighed and lowered her head so she's looking at the ground. "Why do you hate homosexuals so much?" Demi forced out and looked at them both. John laughed. "It's a sin!" He almost shouted but tried to keep quiet. "So?" Demi said softly. She really didn't understand why people hate homosexuals so much. Sure they're different but they're human too. And it's not a choice. They were born like that.

'So?" John repeated and stared at Demi. "It's disgusting. Who would actually chose-" Demi interupted him. "They didn't chose to be that way. Nobody would chose a life where their parents think differently of them or kick them out of their house or even beat them" Demi sneered. "Can we drop this?" Liz said and looked down. "Yes" John replied and leaned back on the couch. Demi shook her head and grabbed a jacket from inside the closet by the front door. She threw the thin jacket on and slipped on a pair of orange flip flops.

She went outside and sat in her front yard against the oak tree. She picked up different colored leaves and crunched them in her fists. She wishes her dad would understand. Dianna would. "Hi" She heard Selena's voice. She thought she was just hearing things but when she saw her, Demi's breath caught in her throat and she was about to choke. "H-Hi" Demi stuttered and mentally slapped herself in the face. "Are you ok?" Selena asked and sat down next to Demi. "Yeah i'm fine" Demi smiled. "Do you go to school?" Demi said. "Yes, I go to your school" Selena raised her eyebrows. Demi's mouth fell open and Selena giggled. "I've seen you. You probably never see me because i'm always with my cliche" Demi's heart sunk. Selena being in a cliche meant never talking to her at school, or even being seen with Demi at school. "Oh" Demi tried to hide the frown. "Don't you have any friends?" "No, but how did you get in a cliche so fast? You just moved here" Demi asked, confused. "I guess people just like me" Selena tried not to sound rude. "Why don't you have any friends?" "I guess people just don't like me" Demi faked a laugh. "I don't see how. You're really nice and pretty" Demi looked away and smiled. She could feel her face heat up. Selena giggled and tried looking at Demi's face. "You're blushing" Selena smiled and poked Demi's side. Demi looked at her. "I'm not pretty" Demi shyly looked down. "Yes you are" Selena whispered and pushed some of Demi's hair beind her ear. Demi quickly stood up and cleared her throat.

"I'm sorry" Selena said. Demi shook her head. "It's fine. I uh, I should probably go inside" Demi waved and ran to her front door. Why'd she run away? Why did everything get so awkward? Demi shut the door behind her and pressed her back against the door. She looked out the little window and saw Selena already at her house but with her girlfriend. Was she here the whole time?

Was Selena flirting with Demi? Or was she just doing that to scare Demi away?

So I just realized that I changed Eddie's name to John for some reason I don't know what I was thinking but I hope nobody got confused by that. I'm going to keep his name John bc I only used Eddie once. I hope you all like how the story is going and if you have any ideas just comment them :) I'll post the next chapter tomorrow :) Thank you guys.