21- Another Chance

"Mommy where are you?" Demi cried out as she wobbled on her little legs. "Mommy?" Demi pushed open Dianna's bedroom door and stretched her neck to look inside. "Demi?" Dianna croaked out. "Mommy!" Demi smiled and ran over to the bed. "Come here baby" Dianna whispered. Demi pushed herself up onto the bed and crawled into her mothers arms. "Hi mommy" Demi said. "Hi sweetie. What're you doing up so early?" Demi didn't reply to Dianna so Dianna got suspicious. "Did something happen?" Demi whimpered. "What happened?" Dianna sat up and cupped Demi's cheeks. She saw fear in her eyes. "Demetria. Tell me. What happened" Demi shook her head as her bottom lip trembled. "Daddy" Dianna pushed her anger aside. "What did he do?Did he hit you? Where did he hit you?" Dianna glared into her eyes. Demi moved her eyes to something else in the room so she didn't have to look into her mothers, angry, sad eyes. "Demi!" Demi jumped and was forced to look at her mom. Dianna started growing inpatient. "Demetria Devonne Lovato. Tell me now" "He wanted to play a game" Demi whimpered and that's all Dianna needed to jump out of bed and run out of the room, leaving Demi shocked and confused.

Demi followed Dianna and stopped in the doorway to the living room. She listened and watched as her mom slapped her dad's chest and she screamed about never touching Demi again.

"She's only five! She's your daughter! What's wrong with you? I want you out of here now!" Demi covered her ears and started crying. "You told her!" Patrick screeched and raised his hand to slap Demi. Before Dianna could stop him, he hit Demi in the back of the head, causing Demi to fly to the floor. Dianna screamed in horror and ran to her daughters side. "Demi! Demi come on, wake up"

=

"Demi come on, wake up" Demi's eyes shot open and she raised her head from the desk. "What?" Demi whispered. Mr. Oswald raised his eyebrows. "Class is over. You fell asleep and started screaming" He put her books in a pile. "And schools over, so go home" Demi quickly grabbed her stuff and rushed out of the room. The hallways were empty so she had no trouble getting to her locker.

"Hey" Demi ignored Liz and sat down at the table. "You're late. Are you okay?" "Sure.. Yeah" Demi mumbled. "What's wrong?" Demi looked at Liz through the top of her glasses. "Nothing's wrong. I'm just tired" "You look tired. Did you have a bad day at school?" Demi shrugged and looked back down at the glass table. "Where's Selena? She usually brings you home" "I never want to see her again" Demi said. "What'd she do?" "She ignored me. She never once said anything to me today. She hung out with Miley and her click" Demi said angrily. "Did you try talking to her?" "No. Why would I? She'd just push me away" "You don't know that" "Fine. I'll try but i'll be right" Demi snapped. Liz shrugged. "You never know. Maybe she thinks you're ignoring her" "I doubt it" Liz was about to speak but Dianna and John came in the room. Dianna sat down across from Demi, John sat by Liz. "What's up?" "Nothing" Demi rolled her eyes and walked out of the house. Before she left, she heard Dianna say, "What's wrong with her?"

Demi kicked the pavement as she stomped across the street, over to Selena's house. She didn't knock on the door but she stood in the grass outside of the house and just stared. She want's to talk to Selena badly, but she's scared she did something wrong, or Selena hates her. Demi shed a few tears before sucking it up and going to the door. Instead of knocking, she rung the doorbell.

The bell went off five times before someone actually answered the door. The white door opened and Selena had a shocked, but angry expression on her face. "What're you doing here?" Selena's eyes traveled up and down Demi's body. She'd be lying if she said she didn't miss Demi. Holding her, kissing her, talking about random stuff with her. "What do you mean? You ignored me all day Selena!" "Seriously Demi? Don't play stupid. You know what you did" Selena shook her head and leaned against the door. "What are you talking about Sel? I didn't do anything" "You really think i'm going to believe you?" "Then tell me what I did!" Demi shouted. "You cheated! I have proof Demi. Don't be stupid!" Demi furrowed her eyebrows and squinted her eyes. "Proof? Then show me" Selena took out her phone and opened her photo album. Demi hid the smirk on her face. The "proof" she has, is saved to her camera roll. It can't be that bad if she saved it, right?

Selena shoved her phone in Demi's face. "There!" "Really Sel? That could be anybody. It's the back of "my" head" "She has blue hair Demi! Everyone in school is talking about it! Who were you kissing?" Selena tried to convince herself that it was actually Demi so she didn't make a fool out of herself. Her eyes started to water and her lips trembled. Deep down inside she knew it wasn't Demi. "Photo shop. Maybe you should stop assuming stuff. It makes you a asshole Selena" Selena shook her head. "It has to be you" She whimpered. "You just gave yourself a reason to be mad at me. And you wanted to get payback so you invited Miley over right?" "What?" Selena got nervous. "Those are her shoes. I feel sorry for you. I really do. I don't believe you really love me. Maybe you do, but I would never know. I thought you were the one but you can't even believe me. Your girlfriend. I'm the one who shouldn't be able to trust you Selena. I have done nothing to you. Yet you've cheated on me, lied to me, and I still give you more chances. I should have never fell in love. Maybe I really don't know what love is. Neither do you" Demi turned around and started walking away. "Oh. And if you haven't figured it out yet. We're over" Demi spat before she started walking away again. "Demi wait" Selena finally spoke up. Her voice is weak. "What?" Demi turned back around. Selena walked over to her and grabbed her hands. "Miley isn't at my house. Those shoes have been there forever, and if you don't believe me -which I wouldn't blame you if you don't- go check yourself" Demi sighed. "I believe you" She whispered. Deep down she really wanted to go check if she was lying but that would make her look pathetic. "I'm sorry Demi. I should have talked to you. I feel like an idiot. And I do believe you. Maybe everyone at school just wants us to break up. I don't know, but I never thought of that before. Please don't let this be the reason we break up. I do love you. Maybe I don't know what love is. But i'm pretty sure what I feel for you is love, not lust. I know i'm so pathetic and stupid for even thinking that you did something like that. Please forgive me" Demi shook her head. "I've given you too many chances Selena. I-I can't Selena. I'm sorry" "Demi please. Is there anything I can do to make you trust me?" Demi thought for a moment. "Come to my house at midnight tonight. Bring food" Selena tilted her head. Her face clearly showing confusion. "Just trust me okay?" "Ironic" Demi scowled. "Don't push it. I shouldn't even be giving you another chance, but I can't let you go. I love you. I broke the promise to myself and let myself love you. Please don't make me regret that" "I won't. I love you too Demi" "Okay" Demi forced a smile and turned around. "Wait Demi... Do you wanna come inside?" "What for?" "I don't know.. Never mind" Selena said and her shoulders slumped in defeat. "I just thought-" "Sel stop. I'll come" Demi grabbed her hand. "Really?" "Yeah" Demi whispered.

"You don't wanna be here" Selena stated and slumped in her chair. "Why do you say that?" "You're acting weird" "Weird?" "Not like yourself" Demi smiled. Selena's eyes widened. "Why're you smiling?" Selena narrowed her eyes at Demi, trying to read her. But she couldn't. "I have to go" Demi forced the smile off of her face, so she looked serious. "Wha-" Selena frowned. "Oh okay..." Demi kissed her cheek and rushed to put her shoes on. "I'm still coming over at midnight?" Demi nodded. "I love you Sel. Text me" Demi ran out of the house. 'I love you too" Selena mumbled to herself. She was left there, confused and dissapointed.

*

Sorry for the late update but this chapter was hard to write and it's boring so I apologize. I will try to update again before school starts and I really wanna get to 3K so ya'll should share and vote ;) Thank you!!!