12- The Past Is the Past

Demi and Selena went to Demi's house once they got home. Demi threw her bag onto the ground. She's still angry about what happened with Miley. She doesn't want to show her anger but it's eating her alive. She just want's to scream.

"Don't come crying to me when Demi breaks your heart"

Demi isn't going to break Selena's heart. Selena was the one to break Demi's heart earlier for making her think she's going to leave Demi.

Demi slipped her shoes off and took off her jacket to hang it up. "Do you wanna take your jacket off?" Demi whispered. "No, i'm fine" Selena said and took her shoes off and placed her bag next to Demi's.

"I'm starving" Demi groaned and went into the kitchen. Selena sat on a stool and looked at her lap. Demi glanced back at Selena and frowned. A tear rolled down Selena's cheek. "Baby.." Demi didn't mean to call her that but she didn't mind. "What's wrong?" Demi sat next to her on a stool. "You're mad at me" She whimpered. Demi sighed and wiped her tear away. "I'm not mad at you.. I'm mad at Miley. I hate her, so much. Cheer up. Everything's fine between us, okay?" Selena smiled and nodded. "Are you hungry?" Selena shook her head. "Okay. If you get hungry just grab anything from the fridge" Demi said and took out a bag of grapes. She sat next to Selena and popped one in her mouth.

"So what do you have to write about?" Selena asked after a few minutes of silence. "My life. I don't know what to write. It's fucking stupid" Demi groaned and kicked a chair. "Hey, calm down. I'll help you with it" Selena said and pushed a piece of Demi's hair behind her ear. "Remember when I did that and you freaked out?" They both laughed. "I didn't really freak out.. I liked it, that's why I ran" Demi blushed. Selena laid her head down in her arms.

The front door opened and Demi and Selena both looked towards it. John looked back at them, a smile on his face. Demi shook her head and scoffed. "You can't just leave without telling anyone!" Selena glanced at Demi. "Look, i'm sorry okay? It was really important" "Yeah, whatever. Is it as important as the meeting you had back when mom was dying? You knew she was about to die and you just left" John glared at her. "I told you to never bring that up!" Demi rolled her eyes. "Why is she here?" He sneered. Selena looked at her lap. "You should probably go check on Liz" Demi mumbled. He ignored her and went upstairs. Selena looked at Demi again, a suprised look on her face. "Sorry about that" Demi cracked a smile. "It's fine. Now should we go work on your story?' "Sure" Demi grabbed her hand and they walked up stairs. They stopped by John and Liz's room and heard them yelling.

"I can't keep pretending Liz!"
"Pretending what? That you're mad at her and you think you hate because she has a girlfriend?"
"Liz it's disgusting, I don't want Selena to keep coming over here! I don't want Demi here"
"So you're going to kick her out?"
"Yes"

Selena watched Demi's face crumble and cover her mouth with her hands. "Demi-" Selena was about to speak but the bedroom door opened and John stood there, a shocked look on his face. "Shit" He mumbled. "I hate you" Demi spat and ran off, sobbing. "You disgust me" Selena said and went after Demi.

"Demi open the door" Selena repeatedly knocked on Demi's bedroom door. "No" Demi cried. "Please, just open the door for me" The door slowly opened and Selena slipped inside and closed it again. "He hates me" Demi fell on her bed. "No he doesn't. He's just being an idiot, he doesn't hate you' "Yes he does!" Selena wrapped her arms around Demi and kissed her temple. "He's gonna kick me out" Demi whimpered. "He wouldn't do that to you Demi. He loves you, he's just mad" "What if he does?" "I don't know.. He won't, I promise" Demi nods and wipes her tears, flashing a small smile at Selena. "I love you" Demi pecked her lips. "I love you too" Selena whispered and ran her fingers through Demi's messy hair.

Demi's bedroom door opened and Demi rolled her eyes when Liz stepped inside. "What do you want?" Demi snapped. "I'm the one keeping you here so don't give me an attitude" Demi looked away from Liz. "Sorry" "It's okay.. But Selena I think it's time for you to go home" Selena nodded and kissed Demi's cheek. "Text me" With that, Selena left her room, and her house.

"Does dad really hate me?" Demi asked Liz. She shook her head 'no'. "He's an idiot. I told you that before. Don't let him get to you and I would never let him kick you out. "Thank you" Demi said. "Let's go eat something okay?" Demi followed Liz out of her room, down the stairs, and into the kitchen. Demi sat on the wooden stool and watched Liz get some ingredients out. "What are you making?" Demi asked. Liz smiled and shrugged. "Something" "You really can't tell me?" "Nope" She watched Liz put sunflower seeds and broccoli into a bowl. "Um" Demi said and giggled. "It's a salad" Demi walked over to Liz. "Do you want a boy or a girl?" "Girl" Liz shrugged. "Me too.. But I can't.." Demi stopped herself before she said too much. "Can't what?" "Nothing" Demi looked down. She knows Liz is going to make her tell her now that it's brought up. "You can tell me" "Nobody knows" Demi whispers. "Please" "I can't have babies" Liz's face fell. "What do you mean?" "I can't have babies.. Something's wrong with me" "H-Have you tried to get pregnant? I mean, how do you know?" Liz was on the verge of tears. "Something happened" Demi mumbled. She hates talking about it, even though she's only talked about it once. That was with Dianna. "Oh god" Liz covered her mouth. Demi scrunched up her face. "Please tell me what i'm thinking is wrong.." "Well i'd be lying to you" Demi played with the ring on her finger. She felt no emotion to this conversation or what happened. Yeah it was horrible and she was a mess but the past it the past. Nobody can change what happened.

Demi watched Liz's face fall faster than she can blink. "Oh my god" "Please don't do that Liz" Demi shook her head. "I was young. It's over with. My mom took care of it" "How old were you?" Demi sighed knowing Liz is going to ask lots of questions. "I was 14. The guy was drunk. I was out alone at night because my dad pissed me off. So I left and when I got home I was in tears and sobbed the whole story to my mom. I've never seen her so angry but she left to go find him. She never told me what she did but she said she took care of it. Then she talked to me and held me while I fell asleep. Nobody ever told my dad.. But even if we did, he would of never comforted me like she did" Demi looked up. Liz was sobbing. Her eyes are puffy but closed tight.

Demi heard a sniff behind her and she turned around. Her dad's standing there with tears rolling down his face. "Shit" She said under her breath. He shook his head at her. "Why didn't you ever tell me" He stepped closer to Demi. Demi shook her head. "You wouldn't of cared. You were a drunk... You would of just laughed or something. You didn't care about me. Until mom threw away all your shit that year and threatened to kick you out..." Demi's face fell and she suddenly felt sick. "Oh my god" She cried and ran to the bathroom. She emptied her stomach, then wiped her mouth and flushed the toilet.

Demi walked back out to them and suddenly smacked John in the face. "It was you! That's why she didn't want us to tell you and she never told me who it was! That's why she wanted a divorce but she didn't tell you why" Demi sobbed and John shook his head. "You were drunk that night. It was you. I may have been stupid back then but i'm not stupid now" Liz hugged Demi, she couldn't even look John in the eyes. "My own dad raped me" John flinched at those words. "No.. It wasn't me.. It couldn't of been me. I would never touch you like that" John wiped under his eyes. "But you did. And I will never forgive you" Demi laid her head on Liz's shoulder. "Baby girl, it wasn't me" Demi shook her head and pushed past him. "I just wanna sleep" Demi mumbled and dragged herself up the stairs.

Demi never thought that it could be her dad, that thought never went to her head. But after she put the pieces together it all makes sense.

I didn't deserve that

Sorry for the late update but my
last chapter didn't get very many views so I waited till I got 20 and I finished it today. I will add a picture to the chapter tomorrow :) Hope you all enjoy. I have some new ideas that involve a lot of drama ;) Vote, comment, and share :)