6- Kiss Me

Liz rushed over to Demi and wrapped her arms around Demi's shoulders."What's wrong?" "Selena" Demi sobbed into Liz's shoulder. "She called me a lesbian freak in front of everyone and dad's gonna find out" Liz gasped and took Demi to her car. "She kissed me but made it look like I kissed her. Everyone is going to laugh at me and hate me more than they already do" Demi cried and buckled herself up. "Everything will be fine, it will be Demi. Just relax" Demi nodded and leaned her head against the window. She watched the rain on the outside of the window roll down like teardrops.

She hates the rain. She hates it when it's cloudy and the sun is hidden. It makes her upset, gloomy.

Demi turned to Liz who was focused on the road. Her eyes were darker than they usually are, meaning she's angry. Demi decides to speak up. "You're not mad at me for making you pick me up, are you?" "Of course not. Why would I be?" "I don't know" Demi shrugged and smiled at Liz. Liz glanced at Demi and smiled back. "Why're you smiling?" Demi blushed and looked away. "No reason" "There has to be a reason" "Why'd you marry my dad?" Demi asked quietly. Liz's smile slowly faded and she glanced at Demi again. Demi was resting her head against the window, her eyes closed. "Because I loved him" "Loved?" "Yes" Liz said softly, her voice cracking. "You don't love him anymore?" "Demi.." Liz sighed. "Please don't leave" Liz furrowed her eyebrows. "I will never leave. I promise" "I love you" Demi whispered, barely loud enough for Liz to hear. Liz reached over and grabbed Demi's hand. Liz ran her thumb over the back of her hand. "I love you too"

Liz held open the front door for Demi but she didn't want to go inside and face John. What if he already knew?

"Come on Demi. Everything will be okay" "What if he already knows?" "I doubt it. Now lets go" "Okay" Demi grabbed onto Liz's hand and Liz pulled her inside. "John?" Liz called out as they entered the kitchen. He looked up from the magazine he was reading and raised his eyebrows at the two of them. "What's she doing home?" "Bad day at school" "So you just picked her up?" "Yes. Do you have a problem with it?" "Yes. She's my daughter!" He shouted. "She's mine too" He slammed his coffee on the counter. "Really?" "Yes. If you didn't want her to be my daughter you shouldn't of married me" She snapped. He stared at her dumbfounded.

Demi watched them argue from the doorway. She watched her dad go speechless. Liz turned around to Demi and frowned. "I'm sorry" Liz said. "For what?" "I can't..." Demi glared at Liz. "You promised!" "I know but I can't do this anymore" "Do what?" John interrupted. "Nothing" Demi said quickly. Liz shook her head. "Demi I-" "You shouldn't make promises you can't keep. I was wrong about you Liz" Demi blinked back her tears. "Go ahead. Leave" With that, Demi ran up o her room.

John grabbed Liz's arm and made her face him. "Leave?" His expression softened. "John i'm sorry" "You can't leave" A tear escaped his eye and he shook his head. "I have too. I can't keep doing this" "Doing what?" John asked. "I don't love you like I used too" "But Liz" "Please let me go" "I'll do anything, just please don't go. You're pregnant Liz. Baby you need me, I need you" Liz sighed. "I have too" John said the only thing that will possibly make her stay. "Stay for Demi. Don't break her heart Liz. Don't leave her. One mother already left her. She doesn't get attached Liz. After her mom died she hasn't said "I love you" to anyone. Because she's heartbroken and she thinks that if she loves someone they'll leave. She loves you Liz. She doesn't even love me. Or so she thinks. But she's attached to you like you're her own mother. Don't make her regret that"

Liz thought back to what Demi said in the car.

"I will never leave. I promise" "I love you" Demi whispered

She did love Liz. That's the first time she's said "I love you" to someone after her Dianna's death.

Liz covered her mouth as she started sobbing. She grabbed the edge of the counter so she wouldn't fall, but John caught her. "I've got you" He said. "It's okay. We can work on our marriage. I'll start taking you on dates. I'll do anything" Liz buried her face in his chest. "I'm sorry" She sobbed. "I'll stay. I'm sorry" "Thank you" He said and kissed the top of her head. "I love you" He whispered and she nodded, "I love you too. I'm sorry"

Liz walked up the stairs and stood in front of Demi's door. It was shut and probably locked with something in front of it. "Demi?" Liz softly knocked on the door. She pressed her ear against it and she heard Demi's cries.

Liz wiped her eyes and stood away from the door. She hates seeing Demi like this, sad. She hates seeing and hearing her cry.

"Demi honey open the door" Liz said and cleared her throat so she didn't sound like she was crying. "Why?" Demi croaked. Liz jumped at her voice, she wasn't expecting her to answer. "We need to talk" Liz said. Demi opened the door and sobbed once more. Liz wrapped her arms around Demi and rubbed her back. Demi laid her head on Liz's shoulder. "I'm not leaving" Liz whispered in Demi's ear. Demi looked up and smiled. "You're staying?" "Yes" Demi sighed with relief. "You said you loved me" Liz said. Demi shook her head. "No I didn't" She couldn't stop the smile forming on her face, Liz laughed. "Demi!" Demi pulled away from Liz and ran downstairs toward her dad's voice. Liz followed her.

"It's for you" He rolled his eyes and opened the door wider. Demi saw her standing there. Her breath hitched, But her blood boiled. What is she doing here? Demi looked back at Liz and John and shooed them away.

Selena and Demi went over to the oak tree in Demi's yard and Demi leaned against it while Selena stood in front of Demi. "What do you want?" Selena stared at Demi's puffy face and a wave of guilt washed over her. "I'm not crying over you" Demi huffed and rolled her eyes. "Oh" Selena took a deep breath. "Look Demi, i'm really really sorry" "Sure you are" Demi looked at the ground. ""I am. I really am Demi. I only did it because my girlfriend told me too" "So if she told you to jump a bridge, you would?" "I didn't want to do it but she doesn't want you stealing me away from her" Selena said and made a face as if she just realized how stupid that is. "And she told me that I had to do it to stay popular because shes seen me come over here to talk to you and she thinks you're a loser. She doesn't want me around you" Demi wiped her tears but they kept coming. Now she was crying because of her. "I don't think you're a loser" Selena stated and Demi rolled her eyes again. "You ruined my life" Demi said. "What?" "My dad is going to find out we kissed and he's going to be pissed. It's your fucking fault" Demi growled and covered her face with her hands. "I told you i'm really sorry" "Do you love her?" Demi pulled her hands away from her face. "Um..." Selena looked at the ground. "I used to. Like a couple weeks ago but now that she's really popular she doesn't even bother taking me on dates anymore" Selena whimpered. "Hmm too bad" Demi shrugged. Selena frowned. "Please forgive me" Demi laughed. "Why should I?" "Because..." Selena cried. Demi felt bad, why? Demi doesn't know why. Maybe because she likes her. "Selena.." Demi sighed. "Demi I really wanna be your friend" Demi almost choked. Nobodys actually said that to her before. "For real? Like this isn't one of your girlfriends-" "No. She told me not to come but I didn't listen" "You really wanna be my friend?" "Yes" Selena nodded, smiled, and stepped closer to Demi. Demi could feel Selena's breath on her face. "Okay. I forgive you" Selena sighed with relief. "Demi?" Selena bit her lip. She could see Demi blushing and she looked nervous. "Y-Yes?' Demi stuttered and looked Selena in the eyes before looking away. "Kiss me"

Ok so this chapter is my favorite.. My feels. I hope you all like it!!! I was going to update yesterday bit never got around to it. PLEASE leave comments on what you thought and vote and please share :) Ily guys thanks for reading :)