Prologue

Love. A temporary insanity curable by marriage. Love is an untamed force. When we try to control it, it destroys us. When we try to understand it, it leaves us feeling lost and confused. Love does not begin and end the way we think it does. Love is a battle, a war. To Demi love is pain, horrible pain. It left her lost, confused, broken. Her father always told her that he loved her but she never believed him. She doesn't believe in love anymore. Not since her mother passed away. Her mother's last words to her were "I love you". Then she left. That was the last time Demi believed she was loved. After that night she cried herself to sleep. She felt lost. She was confused. She didn't know why her mom had to leave. She didn't understand what was happening. She cried for her mother every night but she never came back. She couldn't trust anyone. Not even the man that promised to take care of her for the rest of his days. She didn't realize how much love hurt. You get attached, then they leave. They either die or split. And that pain you feel after they're gone makes your heart ache. It's the pain Demi felt after her mom left. She leaned to not get attached to anyone. She never wants to feel that pain again.

Demetria Devonne Lovato. Also known as the smart girl with bad grades. The girl who would rather go home and read fanfictions about her favorite band or fictional character than go to a party. The girl who everyone picks on because she wears these big, black, geek glasses that hides her beautiful, honey brown orbs, but never takes them off because the boy next door told her they make her look sexy. Or she's known for her soft, gentle and soothing voice that can only be heard during the 45 minutes of choir, once a week, every Tuesday. Or her jet black hair that runs smoothly down her back and her eyes that the boys at school can't get enough of. But she hates them. She wanted bright eyes like her mothers. Her mother was beautiful. She was the prom queen, the cheerleader captain, the girl all the boys chased. She was everything Demi wanted to be. But after her death those dreams quickly faded from her mind. Along with every other dream she had.

Demi didn't have the strength to do anything. Or so she thought. Her mom told her to follow her dreams. Be whatever she wanted to be. She told her not to let anyone tell her who she should be or what she should do. Demi only listened to her for a while. Then she decided nothing was worth it. She wanted her mom to physically be there when she did everything. Graduation, writing her first story, having her first child, getting married. But she can't be there now. Cancer took her life. Now, Demi is on her own for she doesn't listen to her dad, she doesn't care about following the rules so her father gave up. She does whatever she wants without caring. Demi thinks, mom would be disappointed.

So this is my new story. Please leave comments and tell me what you think :) It will get better (I hope). I hope you all like it. I will post the next part tomorrow :)