19- This Can't Be Real

Once Selena heard Demi's loud scream her head shot over to her direction. She threw on her shirt and quickly ran over to her. "Babe who is it?" She looked at the lady who was at the door then back at Demi's pale face.

The lady had a worried look on her face but she looks sad. "Do y-you see her?" Demi asked. Selena furrowed her eyebrows. 'Yeah?" Demi screamed again and slammed the door shut. Selena's beyond confused as she watched Demi pace her room while repeating 'oh my god'. "Babe calm down. Who is that woman?" "My mom" Demi cried. "She's dead! Are we both seeing dead people?" Demi shouted. "Demi... That can't be your mom. She's dead. Maybe she just looks like your mom?" Selena said. Kind of panicing with Demi. "She's my mom Selena!" Demi opened the door again and the lady, also known as Demi's mom was leaning against the door frame with an amused smile. "Who are you?" Demi growled. 'If this is a joke, it's not funny" Demi shouted as she cried. John and Liz came up behind the lady with a frown on both of their faces. "What's going on?!" Demi put her face in her hands and Selena wrapped her arms around her girlfriend to comfort her. "Honey.." Demi's head snapped up to look at the woman. "You're dead" Demi shook her head. "Let's go to the kitchen and talk"

=

Demi and Selena leaned against the counter while John, Liz, and Dianna sat down at the table. "Somebody better tell me what the fuck is going on and why this lady claims to be my mother" Demi growled while looking at her dad. "Demi.. Your mom never died." "I saw her die!" Demi screamed. "You weren't there! I was! She died right in front of me you asshole" Demi screamed and Selena held her back before she could hit anyone. "I went into a coma" Dianna spoke up. "I never died. I went into a coma and when I woke up I had to go into hiding" Dianna's voice cracked. "I don't believe you. My mom had cancer. She died" John sighed. "Demi, she's right here. This is your mother. I would never lie about this" "No but you would lie about her being dead? You would lie to your own fucking daughter that her mother is dead?!" Demi screamed through sobs. "I had to go into hiding" Dianna said quietly. "For what?" "I was being chased" "For two years?" Demi chuckled and shook her head. She can't believe what she's hearing. "Yes" "Did you know she was alive?" Demi asked John. "Yes.." "Oh that's just fucking great to hear! Why couldn't I know? You let me suffer! You know how much I was hurting and yet you still kept it from me? What's wrong with you people?!" Demi turned around in Selena's chest and her cries were muffled.

Selena's heart kept breaking when she heard Demi's cries. She can't believe any of this. Demi was hurting and John knew that but yet they kept it from her that the person Demi loved more than anyone else is not actually dead.

Demi walked over to Dianna and studied her face. "What about your cancer? It can't just disappear" "I still have it" Dianna whispered. "Why couldn't I know?" "It was too dangerous. I'm so sorry. I wanted to tell you but I couldn't" Dianna had tears running down her cheeks. "Mom.." Demi choked out. Selena smiled slightly. "I'm sorry baby girl. I love you so much. I never meant to hurt you" "I went to your grave every night" Demi cried. "I was at the funeral. I saw your dead body" Demi shook her head. She's still confused. "We faked it" John spoke up. "I wanna talk to my mom alone, please" Demi spoke up. Everyone started to leave the room. Including Selena but Demi stopped her. "Not you. I need you" Demi said and Selena smiled slightly and leaned against the counter again.

"I'm so confused" Demi said as she sat down next to her mom. "I know honey. I shouldn't of came like this. I know it's a lot to take in and I am so so so sorry about all of this and you have every right to be pissed off. But I needed to be safe. I wanted to stay alive for you. You needed me" Dianna slid up Demi's sleeve and studied the old scars on her wrist. Demi's breath quickened and she glanced at Selena who looked very confused. "I needed you and you weren't there for me. But I stopped for you" Demi said sadly. "I'm proud of you baby girl. So proud" Dianna cried. Demi looked her mom in the eyes. "I can't believe you're actually here" Demi sobbed and hugged Dianna tightly. "I love you" Demi and Dianna said at the same time.

Dianna and Demi both pulled away and Dianna wiped Demi's tears. "You're so beautiful" Dianna smiled. Demi bit her lip and looked at Selena again. "Come here" Demi opened her arms out for Selena. Selena walked to her and sat on her lap. "Whose this?" Dianna asked. Selena blushed and laid her head on Demi's shoulder. "This is Selena.. My girlfriend" Dianna grinned and hugged Selena quickly. "Nice to meet you Selena" "Nice to meet you too Dianna" Selena said and then buried her face in Demi's neck. "So how long have you two been dating?" "Four months" Demi said. "And I love her"

=

Demi and Selena laid on the bed, the cover covering their bodies. "Are you okay?" Selena asked. Demi shook her head. "Why would they do that to me?" "They wanted to protect you baby. But she's alive. I know it's gonna be hard for you to process that your mom has been alive for two years when you thought she was gone but she's actually here. You have her back and she's not leaving this time" "Kinda like you" Demi snapped. "Except you still can leave my fat ass and she has cancer" Demi cursed to herself after those words left her mouth. Selena lifted her head. "Baby. You are not fat okay? You're no where near fat. You're beautiful and I love you. I love you for you and i'm not going anywhere okay?" "I'm sorry for snapping. Please lay back down" Demi whispered. Selena cuddled into Demi's side. "Can I ask you a question? You don't have to talk to me about it if you don't want to but I just need to know. It's killing me" "Go ahead" Demi said. "Did you use to um.." "Self-harm?" "Yeah" Selena propped up her elbow and laid her head in her palm. "Yes. I did. It's because I was bullied but I stopped right before my mom "died". I told her i'd stop and I did" Selena smiled. "I know I didn't know you back then and I haven't known you for long but i'm proud of you" "Thank you Sel. It means a lot to me" "You should get some sleep baby. It's been a long day and you and your mom have things to do tomorrow" "Like?" "Catch up on each others lifes" Selena said as if it's obvious. "Okay.. Well goodnight babe. I love you" "I love you too. Goodnight"

*

So SURPRISE! Yeah plotwist. Delena is back together and Dianna is back. So everything is great! For now ;)