16- Goodbye

Wensday came around faster than Demi wanted it to. She wants to have her birthday, turn 18. But that means Selena has to leave. And Demi's scared she may never see her girlfriend again. Well, at least not for a while.

Demi threw on her leather jacket and slipped on her boots as she rushed out of her house. She ran over to Selena's house as fast as she could and knocked furiously on her door.

Selena quickly ran to her door and swung it open, grabbing Demi's waist and bringing their bodies closer. "I'm going to miss you" Demi sniffled. "I'm going to miss you so much. Happy birthday baby" Selena said. She rubbed the small of Demi's back and cried into her hair. "When do you leave?" "At noon" Selena replied, not removing her arms from Demi's waist. "Sel.." Demi sighed. "Yes?" "J-Joe and his brothers are making me um" Demi paused. Selena stepped away from Demi and studied her face. "Are making you what?" "Go to a party tonight" "Why didn't you tell me sooner?" Selena's eyes were wide and her jaw was clenched. "I was scared Selena. I still am. And I have to go" "No you don't. And you won't" Selena turned around so she was facing away from Demi. "Sel they said if I don't, i'd regret it" "You are not going Demi" "You don't own me. I can go. You are not my mother" "No but i'm your girlfriend and I care about you. If you really want to go to that party, then go. But don't come crying to me when you wish you didn't" "I can't come crying to you because you're moving Sel. So if something does happen, I have no one to run to. I'll have no one left. No one cares about me Selena" Selena turned back around and her eyes traveled to Demi's eyes. The corners of her mouth went south and her eyes went blurry. "I care about you" "No you don't" Demi whimpered. "I care about you so much Demi. I don't want you to get hurt. I don't want to lose you. I would stay with you if I could. But I can't. Please believe me when I say this Demi. I love you more than I have loved anybody. I would do anything for you, I would kill someone for you. I care about you. Please don't go to that party. You know you don't want to. So don't. Tell someone. Just don't go" "Fine. I won't" Demi sighed. "I love you Selena. I don't want you to go" "I know baby. I don't want to go either" Demi nodded and looked down. "I should um.. I should get going" Demi mumbled and wiped her eyes. "Yeah.. Call me please" "I promise I will" "I love you" Selena kissed Demi quickly and wrapped her arms around Demi's neck. "I love you too" Demi pulled away from Selena and walked out of Selena's house.

Tears ran down Demi's face as she made her way to her truck. She looked at Selena's house one more time. She wants to skip school badly but if she does one more time, she'll get expelled, again.

"Hi Lovato" Joe wrapped his arm around Demi's waist, a smug smile on his face. "Hey" Demi squirmed out of his grip. "So you're going to the party tonight, right?" "I can't" "Why?" Joe raised his eyebrows. "I have plans with my family" Demi lied. "Yeah right" "Joe please. I don't want to go. And i'm not lying about plans with my family" "10 O'Clock. You better be there" Demi gulped and nodded slowly.

She's terrified of going to this party. What if something bad happens. Will Selena be mad?

Ok so first, sorry about the long wait but I was busy. I am going to be updating regularly now. I know this is a short chapter but the next chapter will be longer, I promise.