Sorry

Alice POV: 

I had heard everything FP had just said about our babies and how he loves me. I didn't know if it was just a momentary thing or if it was real. I continued to pretend to sleep though. I heard Betty and Jug come in the room and they sat down in the chairs by the window.

"Is she okay Mr. Jones?" Betty asked quietly. 

"I really hope so." He said holding back tears. 

The doctor came in shortly after that breaking the silence. FP's hand left mine and a sense of emptiness came over me. There is no way I'm catching the 'Jones bug' again. I can't fall in love with him again, can I? Am I? Have I ever stoped? I started questioning all my feelings but tried to listen to what the doctor had to say. 

"So it looks like Ms. Smith has some minor injuries, a minor fractures that will heal on their own, but she does have a concussion. She will need to stay overnight for observation but then she is free to go home." The doctor states. 

"Um, what about the baby?" FP asked clearly worried. 

"Oh, we will get you answers on that now, just give me a minute to grab and ultrasound machine." He said, and leaves the room. I feel FP's hand on mine again and without thinking I face my palm up and grab onto his. I grip back and than starts to freak out. 

"You're awake!" He said yelling excitedly. 

"A little quieter, I'm begging you" I mock him. His face turns bright red and he realized that I heard what he said. 

"Oh god, you know what forget what I said." He said embarrassed. "Nope, I'm not going to Jones... I'm sorry about what I said." I said trying to change the conversation. 

"Sorry about what? I'm the one who caused all of this." He said tearing up again. I reached my arms out hoping he will give me a hug. He quickly pulled into a hug and I whispered in his ear "I'm begging you, please don't blame yourself for this." I say knowing that if he does blame himself in a weeks time he would be a drunk again. 

He pulled out of the hug and grips my hand tightly. "I'm really sorry about how I left though, I just can't picture..." He paused and quickly notices that the kids are still here watching our conversation. 

"Just please be more careful as long as you have a part of me in you, I hope" He said sweetly. I can't help but smile. How could I ever think about having an abortion. It seemed like a good idea a few hours ago, but now the idea haunts me. 

The doctor soon after came in with the ultrasound machine. "How far along are you?" The doctor asked. "She's about five weeks." He said almost sounding proud. 

"Is this an achievement to you Jones?" I asked, the kids both go 'ew' in the corner. "Sorry, not the time." I quickly said noticing this is the wrong time for sex jokes. 

"Okay, since you are so early I am going to have to do an internal ultrasound." He said quickly noticing how weirded out FP was. "I'm sorry an internal what now?" He says. 

"Yes, FP its fine, I had them with all three other pregnancies." I say as if it was nothing. I begin to spread my legs as the doctor brings the wand out. 

"Hold on there,  Alice." FP says as he places his hands on my knees closing them. "What? Thats how it goes in FP" I said confused. 

"Betty, and Jug can you go to her head." He said pointing to the other side of the room. "FP its fine, once you've had kids it becomes like a museum down there." I said practically laughing at myself. 

"Okay but my son does not need to see that part of you." He said placing his hands back on my knees. "Okay are we all ready to start?" The doctor asked fed up with our chit chatting. 

Jughead and Betty quickly get up and go behind the bed and my head. I spread my legs and slide down to the edge of the bed.

"This is going to feel weird but you have had these before so nothing to worry about." the doctor said. I can practically feel the steam coming out of FP's ears. I look back up to him and his face is extremely red. I look over to Betty and Jug who also look overly uncomfortable. 

"Okay and it is going in now." The doctor says and I wince. It is not a super comfortable feeling. "Oh my god." FP whispered as he grips onto my hand. He looks like he's about to pass out. 

"Okay..." The doctor said but doesn't continue. 

"Okay, what?" I asked starting to get worried. I can feel the wand moving around inside me and I look up at FP as if to say something but I am becoming increasingly concerned and I start crying. He takes his other hand and wipes the tears off my face. 

"Doctor?" FP asked also becoming concerned. 

The doctor gives us all a smile before turning the screen to show a small bean like image on the screen. "Would you like to hear the heartbeat?" 

I nod and the sound of thumping begins to soothe me. "Oh thank go." I said letting out a small whimper. "Is the baby okay?" FP asked nervously. 

"Yes the baby is fine right now, but I am sure you are aware that since you had the fall you are at a high risk of miscarrying." The doctor said and it kills me to hear. I look at FP and start to cry.

"I'm going to give you all a minute alone." The doctor said before pulling the wand out and there appeared to be blood all over it. I look down and start crying even more. 

"Don't worry, this happens all the time." The doctor said trying to calm me down. 

"Mom, its going to be okay." Betty said wiping her own tears away. 

"Yeah, Ms. Smith, don't worry I'm sure it will all be okay." Jug says trying to keep us all calm. 

"I'm so sorry Al." FP said again. "Would you quit saying that Forsythe, you didn't do anything wrong, okay?" I said reaching up and placing my hand on his chin. He leans down and places a kiss on my forehead. 

"No I'm not going to stop saying I'm sorry because I should have said it years ago when I pushed you away, or when I ignored you at pops, or when I ignored you after we slept together, or when I came to the play and didn't stay when you needed me most." 

Betty and Jughead slowly left the room realizing that we were having a moment together. I was very thankful because they would not want to see what I was about to do. I took my hands and placed them on his cheeks and pulling him down until our lips touched. It was the softest kiss every but it said more than words could ever. "I'm sorry too." I said rubbing my thumbs against his stubble. 

-• A/N •-

I hope you liked this chapter. Feel free to leave suggestions for future chapters. Sorry this chapter is shorter than the others.