Check Again

No POV:

Betty, Alice, and Jughead all sat around his kitchen table listening to what they thought was a nightmare. "Oh you know..... Gladys." Hal said laughing. 

"I'm sorry what Hal?" Betty said trying not to choke on the words spewing out. 

"You heard me Elizebeth." He said back.

Alice was sitting across from Betty taking in everything. She was not processing this well, which thankfully went noticed by Jughead. Alice was starting to cry and she was biting her lip trying to conceal any sounds. Jughead quickly noticed and grabbed her hand. He gave it a gentle squeeze as if to say 'it will be okay'

"I think I'm hallucinating. Did you just say you are 'friends' with Gladys Jones?" Betty said still unable to wrap her head around the idea. 

"Yes Elizabeth. It's quite an intimate relationship too. Oh and don't place your bets on getting FP out of jail anytime soon. I have my ways... but if you want to speed the process along there are some things you can do." He said, lowering his voice until it breaks into another evil cackle. 

"What are these things I can do?" Betty said and Alice quickly looked up trying to plead with her daughter not to do them. Alice couldn't watch another one of her children get hurt. 

"You can bring me a visitor." Hal said. 

"Who?" Betty asked quietly. 

"Bring me Alice." 

"Why on earth would you want to see my mother Hal?" Betty asked. 

"I want to discuss some things with her."

"What things?" Betty asked cautious. If he was working with Gladys he probably knows about the baby. 

"A little birdie told me she's expecting. I want to make sure its not mine."

"Hal, I can assure you the baby is not yours." Betty said looking at her mother who is looking more shocked at that information than anything. 

"Fine. If you want me to call of ties with Gladys I need you to offer something that I cannot refuse." He said trying to make another black hood deal. 

"Hal you are in prison. I can't bring you anything." 

"You can bring me you. I know you are dark inside, just like me Betty. We can be a team, I promise you won't regret it if you do." 

"You have no idea what you are talking about Hal. I am not dark inside. You are the monster, I will not come to you ever again. I made that mistake once."

"Fine, then expect much worse from me in the future." Without another word Hal hung up the phone. 

Betty looked over at her mother and she could tell something bad was about to happen. Her mothers eyes started to revert back into her head and she collapsed onto the floor. 

This was not the first time Betty has seen her mother faint unfortunately. Jughead quickly placed his hands under her head and Betty quickly came to her aid as well. 

After a few minutes Alice's eyes started to flutter open and tears were beginning to flow again. "Shhh, Ms. Smith its okay. Lets help you into the bed." Jughead said still griping onto Alice's hand. 

"No please, I can't move right now." Alice said closing her eyes once again pushing all the tears down her cheeks. 

"Mom, lets try and get you more comfortable please." Betty said placing a hand on Alice's stomach.