Always and Forever

"Mom I really am loving this adorable moment between you two, but you really need to eat something. Its been two days." Betty said and Jug nodded his head in agreement. 

"I'm just not hungry." Alice said burring her face in FP's neck. "How about a milkshake from pops?" FP offered. 

"No." 

"Ok, um how about some fries? You love pops fries." He offered again. 

"No, I'm just not hungry. Can we stop talking about it now." Alice said now becoming overwhelmed. "Ok, we will drop the conversation. But please drink the rest of your tea."

 "Fine." She agreed with an eye roll that you can practically hear from across town.

After an uncomfortable amount of silence and the sound of sipping tea, Jug asked "Anyone want to watch a movie?" 

"Sure, what one?" Betty asked. 

"I don't know, um Ms. Smith whats your favorite movie?" Jug asked trying to help her feel better. 

"I don't have one." She denies flatly and zoning out again. 

"Yes you do-" FP started.

"No, I don't, and I don't want to watch a movie right now. Ok." Alice said getting up and storming off into the kitchen. 

"Okay.... do you want to take a shower?" FP asked. 

"I don't know." Alice said putting her face in her hands. 

"Alright. I will go turn on the water so if you do want to, it will be warm enough." FP said with a gentle smile and walking into the bathroom to turn on the shower. 

"Jug what movie do you want to watch?" Betty asked. 

"How about this one," Jug said picking up 'Gone With The Wind.' 

"Sure." Betty said with a smile. It was both one of their favorites, and they snuggle up together on the couch. Alice poured herself another cup of tea and sat down across from the kids. They sat and watched the first scene quietly. 

"Ali, your shower is ready if you want it." FP called from the hallway. 

"I don't know FP." She said getting up and walking over to him. 

"Just try, okay. It might make you feel better." He said rubbing her arms and kissing her on the forehead gently. 

"Okay." She sighed and walked down he hallway. He followed her into the bathroom to make sure she doesn't try anything. "FP, I can take a shower by myself." She said annoyed. 

"I know you can." He said as he puts the toilet lid down and sits. 

"Seriously?" She questioned. "Yes seriously. Now get in the shower before we run out of hot water." 

"Fine." She scoffs and tries to unbutton the buttons on the flannel but her hands are shaking. 

"Ugh. Why can't I do this." She sighs frustrated. "Your blood sugar is probably really low, thats why your hands are shaking," He takes her hands off of the buttons.

"let me." He starts to unbutton the shirt and he starts to tear up. Her stomach is covered in bruises and is still extremely swollen. 

"Please don't start crying." She sighed now starting to cry herself. 

"I'm okay... lets get you in the shower now." He said wiping the tears off his face and then helping her step into the shower. 

As she stood in the hot water, the steam starts to fill the room, and he hears her start to cry.