Arrangements

It had been two days since Betty and Jughead told Alice about Hal's trial. Alice talked to FP about it once they got home from the hospital. They had decided it was best if they went together, neither of them discussed this with Charles though. They didn't want their son to think of them as murders just yet. 

Jughead was being discharged from the hospital and they were planing on setting up the living arrangements. Charles had chosen the green guest room downstairs, which left Polly's old room to Jughead. Surprisingly, Betty was over the moon about Charles coming to live with them, mostly because it meant that Jughead and FP were moving in as well. Though this didn't leave a bedroom for Jellybean. Gladys had left her with them so they had to come up with something. Thankfully, until they figured something out she stayed with Hog Eye.   

-• Breakfast, Wednesday Morning •-

"Good morning Alice," Charles yawned as he came into the kitchen. "Good morning, how did you sleep?" Alice asked finishing up breakfast. She made pancakes and fresh squeezed orange juice. 

"Really well, the mattress in there is amazing." He smiled and put some of Alice's famous pancakes on a plate. They sat together at the kitchen table and chatted until FP came rushing through the front door. He and Betty were at the hospital all night with Jughead. 

"Ooh pancakes!" FP exclaimed and put about ten on his plate. "You were right." Charles laughed. "She was right about what?" FP said sitting down next to Alice and kissing her cheek. "She said you go straight for the pancakes." 

"Thats not true." He laughed. "It is too." She laughed pecking a kiss on his lips. "Wheres Betty?" 

"She's outside calling Veronica and Archie, letting them know Jug is coming home." He explained shoveling another pancake in his mouth. "What are we going to do about Jellybean?" Alice sighed. 

"What about Jellybean?" FP asked. "Well, she can't keep living with Hog Eye."

"Oh, um what are we going to do? Betty and Jug can't share a room." 

"I can sleep on the couch until you figure it out, if you want." Charles offered. "No, you don't have to do that. We will figure it out."

"Are you sure?" He asked again. "I'm positive, that is your room and your room only." Alice stated.

"Ok." He softly smiled. Charles never had a room to himself till about a few months ago at the motel. He enjoyed having a window, sheets, and a heating vent. 

-•-

The three sat and finished eating, Charles went to take a shower, and Betty joined Alice and FP at the table. "Mom," 

"Yeah Betty?"

"Where is Jellybean going to stay?" 

"Uh, we haven't figured that out yet... do you have any suggestions?" 

"Well Jug and I could share-" 

"No!" FP and Alice both exclaimed in unison. "Just let me explain!" She pleaded.

"Fine." Alice sighed. "Jughead and I could share a room," Betty started but Alice was already about to say something. "Hold on mom, give me a chance to finish." Alice nodded and Betty continued. 

"Jug and I share, with a door open rule. We agree to keep the door open and you and FP agree to keep it quiet. That way everyone gets a room." 

"What does FP and I being quiet have to do with you two keeping the door open."