♱•Ten•♱

Turns out hooking up a CCTV system was a lot more difficult than they originally thought it would be. They had spent the entire day placing cameras in every street and alley of Jeno's neighbourhood, leaving no spot camera free.

Renjun stares up at his small apartment building, it was incredibly close to Jeno's house and he couldn't help but feel a little nervous. He wasn't the type of person to fear for his own safety but he lived with Jaemin and he would be devastated if anything ever happened to him.

"Were we supposed to set up cameras here? I think we ran out" a voice says snapping Renjun from his thoughts.

He shakes his head "um, no I just asked main reception, they have their own security system, they don't need any cameras" he half lies, giving Jeno a big smile before they start to walk away.

It wasn't a complete lie, the building did have it's own CCTV cameras, he had been made aware of that when they moved into the apartment.
"Oh okay" Jeno replied as he walked by the older boys side.

Renjun had been unusually quiet today. From what Jeno knew of him he didn't sound like a loud guy anyway, but he still had the odd conversation here and there.

"Are you okay?" Jeno asks, eyeing the brunette from the corner of his eye.

Renjun only hums in response, his eyes not moving from his feet as they carry on walking. "Are you okay?" He asks back, shocking Jeno for a moment until he remembers what he meant.

"Yeah I'm fine, I'm not as on edge as I was but I'll still feel much better when this guy is caught" he explains, his eyes not leaving Renjun as he still didn't believe he was 100% telling the truth. Maybe he was just tired, they had spent the night in the reception of the police station.

The brunette turns and gives Jeno a sad smile "how's your sister?"

The question tugged at one of his heart strings as his mind flashes back to the stranger driving his knife into her stomach, the memory of the shimmering blade sliding back out.

He cringes slightly and shakes the thoughts from his mind "she's doing a lot better, my parents sent me a message this morning to tell me that she's finally awake now although she can't remember much but they said that it was just trauma" Jeno explains earning a nod of understanding from the older boy.

"She'll probably never remember, the body is a powerful thing and if it suffers something traumatic the brain will delete it from your memory to help you recover" Renjun talks like he knows a lot about it and Jeno had to admit he was slightly impressed.

"Wow, you sure know a lot" he says earning a small laugh from Renjun, the first real smile he had seen on his face all day.

"My best friend is a psychology student and he makes me watch these stupid documentaries with him"
Jeno nods in understanding, his mouth forming an 'O' shape.

They finally reach the station and spot Donghyuck flicking through some files before he looks up at the two boys before turning and entering his office. They hear a faint click of the lock and glance at each other for a moment.

"I don't think Donghyuck likes me much" Jeno laughs awkwardly but Renjun only waves him off.

"Nah he's just moody, he's like that with everyone" Renjun grabs his satchel from behind the counter in reception and looks back over to Jeno.
"You want to help me develop some photos?" He asks holding his canon camera in the air proudly.

Jeno involuntarily smiles and nods before following the brunette father into the building.