♱•Twenty-Eight•♱

"I have something I need to tell you, but I don't want you to panic..."
Renjun feels his heart sink slightly but waited for Jeno to continue. "...remember how I mentioned that I recognise your neighbour?" He asks earning a slowly nod from Renjun. "Well I figured out where I know him from"

Renjun didn't need Jeno to explain it to him, he knew what he was talking about. Cold dread settles in his stomach but he tries not to let it show. "Are you sure it's him?"
Jeno nods before burying his face into the crook of Renjun's neck, the older boy wraps his arms around him protectively.

"T-that's why I wanted you and Jaemin to come to mine. I don't want to see anything happen to you, or see how devastated you would be if something happened to Jaemin." Jeno's voice was muffled but Renjun heard him clear enough.

"Does Jaehyun know?" Renjun asks, thinking back to that morning when he saw Jeno speaking with him.

"Yes. He said I have to be a hundred percent sure before I go around pointing fingers" Jeno pulls his head up and places a kiss to Renjun's soft lips, letting it linger for a moment before pulling away. "Just promise me you'll be careful" he whispers, trying to convince himself that he couldn't see the worry lingering in Renjun's eyes.

"I promise" the brunette says before pulling Jeno into a huge hug, wanting nothing more than to be held in that moment. He kept telling himself over and over that Jeno was probably just overwhelmed with everything that had happened lately that he feels he should pin the blame on the first person he sees that looks somewhat suspicious. But at the same time Renjun couldn't imagine Jeno doing that.

"Are you hungry, I can make something to eat" Renjun asks, trying his best to change the subject and lighten the mood.
Jeno pulls away from the hug, nodding slightly and Renjun smiles before getting up off the couch.

He makes his way into the kitchen, Jeno following behind. Renjun thinks for a moment before an idea pops into his head. He reaches up and opens one of the cabinets, pulling out pancake mix, he hold it up for Jeno to see. "Comfort food?"

Jeno laughs a little but nods, watching as Renjun grabs a frying pan and placed it on the cooker.
He mixes milk with the pancake mix before pouring some into the pan, turning it slowly so that the mixture formed a circle.

After around twenty minutes of Renjun and Jeno attempting to flip pancakes, and collapsing into fits of giggles when they couldn't, they finally had three pancakes each.
Renjun places fresh strawberries on both plates and grabs a can of whipped cream. "You want cream?" He asks and Jeno nods eagerly, watching as Renjun squirts some of the thick cream on top of his pancakes before moving to his own. He curses slightly when he gets a little of his finger, bringing it to his mouth to lick it off. Jeno quickly looks away in attempt to keep his thoughts PG.

They sit on the soft couch and eat the pancakes, their eyes glued to the tv screen in front of them, both boys deciding that watching Harry Potter would be a great way to take their attention away from the case.

Renjun lets out a yawn, catching Jeno's attention. He smiles softly before taking his empty plate from his hand before he drops it. "Are you tired?" He asks earning a sleepy nod which he found absolutely adorable.
"You wanna go to sleep?"

Renjun nods again before standing and taking both plates in his hand "I'll put these in the dishwasher these whilst you get ready for bed" he says before moving back over to the kitchen.

"Aren't I sleeping on the couch?" Jeno asks causing Renjun to freeze. He turns and gives Jeno a questioning look.

"No your sharing a bed with me" he says it as if it were the most obvious thing ever and Jeno tries to hide the small smile as he got up and slipped into Renjun's room.

Meanwhile Renjun rinses the plates before placing them in the dishwasher and switching it on. Before he heads towards his room his eyes drift to the front door.

He never usually checks to see if it's locked but tonight he walks over to it, twisting the handle and taking the keys from the hole. He wasn't taking any chances.