♱•Thirty-Six•♱

A/N: seriously the theories you guys came up with are actually far better than what actually happens...

•••••

By the time Jeno got to the apartment he was out of breath but didn't stop. Adrenaline was the only thing keeping him going now as he slowly turned the handle of the door. He saw a figure kicking at the bathroom door and luckily he hadn't spotted Jeno yet.

He took a wild guess that Renjun and Jaemin had hid themselves in the bathroom and that was why the darkly dressed man was trying his very best to get in.
Jeno slips into the apartment, slowly making his way over to the kitchen. His eyes scan the knife block before picking out the sharpest one.

Taking out his phone he sends a quick text to Donghyuck before creeping up behind the man. He lifts the knife above his head ready to bury it deep into the mans back but before he could a hand had stopped him.

The man turns, a mask covers his face but his piercing blue eyes glare at Jeno as he's pushed to the floor. Jeno struggled, trying his best to pull the knife up but the man was too strong.

He knew he was screwed. He was stuck. Whoever this person was they were far stronger than Jeno was.
Jeno braces himself for a hit, a stab, death. But it never comes.
Instead the body goes limp and rolls on the floor beside him meaning Jeno's hand was free. He hears the smashing sound of glass and his eyes flicker up to see Jaemin who held the shattered bathroom mirror in his hands before dropping it to the floor.

Jeno instantly gets up, gripping the man by his collar. He was still conscious but was in a state of shock giving Jeno a perfect opportunity. Slowly he lifts the knife and plunges it into the mans arm before reaching up and ripping the mask off his face.

Jeno stops. The knife falls from his hand and his heart sinks to the floor. Slowly he shakes his head, tears welling in his eyes, his mouth unable to form words.

The dizzy man smirks, his eyes focusing slightly. He lets out a low sickly laugh that causes a feeling of pure dread, hatred and betrayal to settle over Jeno.
"Suprised Jeno?" The familiar voice says with another laugh. Jeno felt light headed, he felt like he was going to throw up. He had no idea where Renjun was or what Jaemin was now doing, but he was frozen. Unable to move from the pure shock of what he saw.

"D-dad?" Jeno whispers, his lips refusing to help him speak. Everything was starting to make some sort of sense now. His father had always been controlling, and maybe the only way for him to have full control over his children was to make them afraid. It explains why he constantly woke up late when Yeri was in hospital, it explains why he had gotten so angry when Jeno wanted to move back into his house.
What didn't make sense though was why he had come after Renjun. As far as Jeno knew his father had no idea who Renjun was. "W-why?"

"Your sister told me about your new boyfriend, I thought I'd pay a visit" he mutters, moving to take the knife from the floor, and in Jeno's frozen state he lets him.

"Jeno!" Jaemin yells, grabbing the older boy by the back of his shirt and yanking him up and out of the way. "Jeno what's wrong?" Jaemin asks shaking him slightly before pushing him away and grabbing one of the shards of glass that lay on the wooden floor.

Jeno's father lunges for Jaemin, diving the knife into his shoulder before pulling it out. Jaemin yells in pain, pressing his palm against the wound.

Finally Jeno breaks out of his shocked state, anger being the only emotion left in him. He snatches the shattered piece of mirror from Jaemin before gripping his father by the collar.
Of course Jeno wasn't strong enough, meaning it wasn't soon before his father brought the knife closer and closer to Jeno's chest.

Suddenly the man is dragged back, a sharp knife held against his neck, glinting in the light of the apartment. "If you touch Jeno or Jaemin one more time this knife is going to slit your throat" Renjun seethes, the knife held firmly against the mans neck.

Jeno's father looks over at his son before laughing. "If you kill me, you'll be no better than I am".

Jeno tries his best to ignore him, his eyes moving over to Jaemin who still sat slumped against the couch, blood soaking through his shirt.

Before anything can happen the door opens and instantly two men run into the room and pull Jeno's father away from Renjun, securing cuffs around his wrists. It wasn't long before Donghyuck and Jaehyun enter the room, their eyes wide as they look at the scene in front of them.

Jaehyun instantly calls an ambulance for Jaemin before telling the the two police officers to take Jeno's father back to the station and hold him in a cell until he got back.
"Are you two okay?" He asks, eyeing Jeno and Renjun for any scrapes or wounds. They both nod, another wave of shock hitting them.
"Don't worry your safe now" Jaehyun rubs Renjun's back slightly, seeing the tears in the brunette's eyes. "I have to speak with Donghyuck for a second, but I'll be right back" with that he turns and walks over to the redhead whispering something to him.

"Jeno?" Renjun's shaky voice makes Jeno instantly pull him into his arms, hugging him tightly as the older boy let the tears flow.

"I'm so sorry Junnie" Jeno mutters before placing a kiss to his boyfriends head, rubbing his back comfortingly.

•••••
A/N:Told you