♱•Eighteen•♱

"Are you okay?" Jeno asks Renjun once he saw the brunette walk through the doors of the police station.

"Of course I am, why wouldn't I be" his smile was as bright as it usually was and he didn't seem to have any dark circles under his eyes.
Jeno shrugs slightly, now feeling a little stupid for asking.

"It's just...well...you know" his words stumble out, his voice sounded uneven as he spoke. He mentally cursed himself.

"Jeno I'm fine, I do it all the time, it's part of my job" Renjun explains as he gently places a hand on Jeno's shoulder before removing it and making his way to the dark room.

Jeno follows but is stopped "um, I-I would stay out here if I were you. You don't want to see these photographs" Renjun's eyes were begging and Jeno only nods before watching the other slip into the dark room, camera in hand.

For a moment Jeno didn't really know what to do with himself, everyone else had jobs to do, he was only helping out and it only now dawned on him that he was pretty much only following Renjun around.
He sighs to himself before turning on his heel and jumping slightly when he comes face to face with Jaehyun. He places a hand over his heart and lets out a breathy laugh.
"Damn, you scared me"

"Sorry, I was wondering if I could have a word with you" the man smiles slightly, his cheek dimples on show.
Jeno nods and follows Jaehyun to his office, gently clicking the door closed behind him.

"Now what I'm about to ask you isn't exactly your decision to make, however, by asking this of you it may be more likely it will happen" he explains although Jeno took a seat with a look of pure confusion on his face causing the older to laugh a little.
"I was wondering if you could ask your sister to make a statement, I know she may decline but it's worth asking, and I thought that if you asked her, maybe you would be able to talk her into doing it".

Jeno takes a deep breath in, his eyes glued to a random spot on the desk between them as he thought. Yeri was a stubborn girl, she had already mentioned plenty of times that she wanted this case over with. He highly doubted she would be willing to make a statement. But he guessed it wouldn't hurt to ask.
"I'll ask her, I can't guarantee that she'll agree to it"

"Thank you. How is your sister doing by the way?" He asks as he begins to sign a few papers on his desk. He signed around four sheets before stopping and placing the pen down on the table, Jeno found it a little bizarre as he could see the stack of paperwork beside him that he chose to ignore.

"She's doing good, she can stand and walk now although she's still in pain" he gave a weak smile as he spoke. It broke him to think that his sister was still in pain, even after she had been injected with hundreds of different pain relief medication she was still clenching her stomach when she moved.

"How are you doing?"

The question took Jeno by surprise. No one had asked him that lately other than Renjun. His parents focused only on Yeri and had seemed to forget that Jeno was a witness too. "I-I'm doing okay".

"And how's your thigh?" Jaehyun nods towards Jeno's left leg causing the younger to look down. He'd almost forgotten that he had been injured at all.

"It's healing fine, thanks"
Before anymore conversation could be extanged a knock sounded at the door before Renjun wandered in.

"The photographs will be with you by tomorrow morning" he says, looking down at the floor as he spoke. From where Jeno sat he could she small droplets of tears begin to swell on the brunettes bottom lids, if he blinked they would fall. However Renjun wasn't going to let them fall. He doubted Jaehyun would be able to see them from where he sat.

"Thank you Renjun, Jeno thank you again for the favour, you may both leave" he gives them another dimpled smile before they both turn and exit the room.

Renjun reaches his hand up and rubs his eyes, removing any tears that had formed. He sighs before looking over at Jeno "are you busy tonight?"

He didn't expect that. Sure he had asked Renjun to hang out with him but he never thought it would be the other way around. "N-no?"

"Good, meet me by my car at four"

Jeno had no idea where they were going or what they were doing but in that moment he didn't feel like he had to ask, he would have agreed anyway. "Okay"