Chapter 10 - My Dearest

"The sort of kiss one would give when leaving their love, or greeting them once again"

-Excerpts from The Time Keeper

-------------------------------

Hogsmede.

The meeting point of all the students, those third year and above. Today was also a special day, today was her birthday. The grand age of 15. She was currently walking in the cold, bundled up wrapped in a mink coat that hand down to her by her aunt, a wonderful gift considering the women can barely to remember to lock her door.

"Bless my aunt, she was lovely, sweet as cherry pie, but a muggle trying understand a world beyond anything she'd ever known. Trying to explain that abracadabra could kill someone was something of a task. She was simply out of her league, but sweet none the less"

The cold wind seeped through her clothes and into her skin. Her blonde strands playing with it. Her hands in leather gloves that Hagrid had given her for a birthday present. Her feet in fluffy socks and boots bought by Minerva. It was the day before school began again and everyone seemed to be here excited out of there wits. Biscuit the Ferret was keeping her aunt company, taking to the older lady rather well and liked to curl up on her cushions.

"Lilly! come on, give him a break!" She heard an all so homely tone. "Your gonna kill the man, let me go and help him with a drinks"

"Man, ha" She spat. "The very thing, toe-rag more like" Lilly, there she was. Horatia looked ahead , seeing a group circled around the entrance of a shop.

"Please, do ignore them Lilly, I tried convincing them to leave you alone" Remus, taller than the rest stood lanky and white-faced. Horatia, eager for a hot butterbeer, crept over. Thinking of her way to 'accidentally' be noticed. She figured her plan, walking she 'accidentally' bumped into Lilly.

"Goodness" Lilly turned around quickly, red hair everywhere. "..Horatia!" She cried in happiness. Horatia gave a smile in return.

"Lilly!" They hugged quickly. "Have a lovely Christmas I hope?"

"Yes, a great deal, I never got to send my finale letter to you, mostly about Petunia being Petunia, doesn't even let me near her anymore" Lilly looked down. Horatia took her hands.

"Then she's a idiot, who would not want to know you" She replied making Lilly smile.

"Here, here!" Cried Remus. "Horatia" He said, they hugged. "You look lovely"

She blushed deeply. "Thank you Remus"

"Lovely, understatement of the year" A voice said behind her. She paused, looking to Lilly who giggled. she turned around meeting both James and Sirius.

"Mr Black" She nodded her head to him.

"Angel" He smirked.

"Horatia, isn't it your birthday today?" Peter, who'd been playing with a game in his hand behind them all ,said out of the blue. She again, blushed red. All eyes turned to her.

"Your right Peter" Remus said. "It is, 15 you are! same age as Sirius"

She and Sirius had a split second look at each other which made her turn redder than a tomato.

"Yeah, no big deal really" She shrugged it off clearing her throat.

"Blasphemy!" Cried James, making her think of Lucius. "No big deal , it calls for a celebration and I owe you a drink for your glorious prank of Pathetic Petunia, no offense Evans" He winked to Lilly.