Chapter 8 - The Maurders

"She knew very well that something raged within the heart of Remus Lupin her friend" - Excerpt from 'Are You Alright Mr Black?' The Time Keeper
-----------------------

"It didn't take long till they realised that I was a force to be reckoned with and I found something to get a small piece revenge. Homework usually thrusted into the face of younger students in my house to do,or suffer consequences from the elder students, was something good enough. I took every piece of homework and showed them to Dumbledore, he then spoke to Slughorn, head of the Slytherin house at the time, stating that students must do there homework themselves. Points were taken off each time something like that accord. Nobody knew it was me that sold them out and Bellatrix was soon sweating under the pressure of re-doing her O.W.L.S, however soon I ventured out. Lilly and Remus became somewhat rocks to me. To ignore the bullshit that happened and were a friendly face in the hallways, as was Lucius. Remus and I began library study session every Wednesday evening.  Lilly would soon join in our fourth year. But focusing on my third year, a lot changed. New friends, new revivals, new feelings, new emotions. It was all happening then"

"No the vampire coven of Brazil is second largest, not third, common misconception" Remus stated, pointing out on the essay she was working on. She picked up her wand, placing it on the page, the ink sucked out of the parchment. "You must teach me that, It would save me so much time" He added. She grinned and picked up her quill fixing her previous mistake.

"So how are things?" She asked him as she wrote.
"Life or-"?
"No eejit , with you and Lilly?" She mused. He then began coughing loudly, so much so that he had to drink from his water bottle. She gazed up at him from her work. His eyes red and watery, his face flustered.
"What?" He breathed out. She raised an eyebrow at him. "Me and Lilly"
"Lilly and I" She corrected pridefully.
He rolled his eyes . "Lilly and I then, are not together, never will be together, we are merely friends, that is all" He waved his hands in the there.
"...oh?" She pondered.
"Yes oh, James would disown me if I do much cross that line, which I don't ..want to..okay just look. Lilly is a friend" He stared, loosening his red tie around his neck.
"All right, all right, don't get your knickers in a twist" She raised her hands in defence and and dipped her quill back in her ink continuing to write. He was thankful for the silence. "So out of curiosity" even if it did last a second. "Why would James disown you?"
He glared at her and then sighed.
"Cause Horatia, I'm his friend, she is the love of his life, so he thinks, she wouldn't mind see him fly away on his broom, but still, he really really likes her and for me , who's already on thin ice push that-"
"Thin ice?" She raised in her seat. Her face more serious. "What have you done to be on thin ice?"

He faltered. She looked at him, looked at him with her gift and saw a wolf growl in his mind. He shuddered.
"Many reasons" he replied.

"I wanted to reach out and tell him I didn't care, but he would feel, forever in my debt , for wanting to be his friend even with his condition, his greatest downfall was never knowing his true worth"

"Well.." He drawled. She looked at him again, seeing him seated on his bed the other Maurders near by gawking at him but not because he was a were-wolf, something much more unforgivable.
"They might've found out about our studies" he said quietly.
She sighed deeply.
"Remus"
"I know, I know I promised I would never tell , it was the last thing I wanted to do , was for you to get more bullying than you already had, but it just slipped out and I wasn't feeling well, I'm so-"
"Remus" She laughed placing her hand on his. He paused. "I'm not angry, I knew that eventually your best friends would find out and they deserve to know if you are working with the enemy" She mused.
His face remained deadpan "you're not my enemy"
"Really? I thought I was pretty intimidating" She joked. "Look" She began as his face remained straight. "It's alright, I knew it would happen and it's okay" She patted his hand. "Now , the fourth largest coven of vampires..Poland right?"