Chapter 17 : Black Like Their Hearts

"When Sirius had opened up to me about the horror he'd endured at home, not only did we bond closer due to the lack of love and the 'house religion' shoved down our throats, but secretly in our minds worried-worries that somehow those Black ancient folk would find out. But young we believed that we were fine, safe from their claws but back home, Sirius's birth place , a different web was being conjured by those Black spiders"

Regulus didn't mean it. He didn't mean to open his mouth, he promised to Sirius, he promised him ;that maybe sure they weren't close and sure they never saw eye to eye but to protect anything close to Sirius, he mustn't dare speak of it. And the word 'girlfriend' and 'Sirius' slips out when his temper broke.

Her usually mood her mother ranted and raved.
"Blood traitor, scum! Disgusting rats that deserve the croak!" She had stated. His father a easily bored man from common conversation was not paying attention to his wife's rambles.
"And what does he do, after everything we have done for him, that I! Have done for him, did I not carry him for 9 months of torture! All I asked was three things in life, be a Slytherin, marry a Slytherin and bear Slytherin's"

And then their his unforgivable spoken.

"Well mother, I think he might do so, his girlfriend is a Slytherin"

The house fell under a death like silence. Even the scuttling Creature paused in his footing to stare at his mistress. The house filled with creaks and stirs, almost preparing for what it might have to endure; like a facial expression before the slap.

"And why should I believe that a true Slytherin would look twice of the swine?" She declared , almost chuckled.
"Maybe he's come back to his senses" mused her husband, flicking his newspaper to read it better.
"Or maybe the girl has lost hers, who is she Regulus" when he didn't answer straight away she grew impatient. "Speak now boy!" She bellowed.
He'd dived too deep now, he must swim or drown.
"H-Horatia mother her name is Horatia" He choked.

This is wear Mr Black piped in. His lowered his newspaper and looked over to his son. His wife raised her eyebrow at him.
"What do you know?" She asked him. He smiled his moustached face.
"We just bet the Malloy's" Was all replied. Flicking his newspaper he read on and for the first time in a long time Mrs Black remained quiet, but anyone who's knows her knows this, when she's her quietest she's at her most dangerous. Regalus didn't think, no he knew, this wouldn't end well and he needed to find some way or form to earn Sirius, if his brother would even answer his letters , he hadn't in so long. But he knew deep down it wasn't because of hatred or anything but because mother would find them someway and burn them or use them in some evil way or .. show him not to do it again. Regalus begged to be excused , he was dismissed and he faced upstairs while his estranged parents plotted. He asked Creature to stay next his mother saying she might need him for something. The house so obsessed with his mistress near crowd at the joy of serving her and ran to her feet. Closing his door he grabbed his quill and parchment and began.

"Dear Sirius,
I have to first day sorry, it was by accident and I would give anything to take it back, I would give anything to take a lot of things back. If I could only turn back time brother . Please know, it was blurted out in a stupid non thinking manner not out of spite or fear. As much as you might not think so I still know you as my brother even if we disagree. But Sirius , mother knows about Horatia, she knows about the Malfoy boy's failed attempt at a proposal, you must! Protect yourselves, please. I'm sorry, - Regalus"

"Sirius knew his brother told the truth because his brother never apologised and here he did. Sirius loved his brother, protected him with his life, causing him to get more punishment than he should, the cruel hand of those people tortured those boys . What kept Sirius alive was his smarts, he was quick minded and knew how to wrap up a situation. Or to avoid it all together , he doing blend , Regalus , laid down , showed his weakness and so he was intoxicated by their devilish words , their heart as dark as the surname , pumping ink through their veins"