Chapter 18 - The Potter's

"Language women, honestly" James Potter smirked.
"Y-your , your a deer, your an animagus ? ..you know what, all those thoughts of grass start to make sense now" She stated. Then realised that James was still on top of her, with hands above her shoulders.
"James, off, now" She said putting her hands on his shoulders, trying to push but came to no avail.
"Your so cute" He winked and stood up quickly , putting out a hand and she took it. He lifted her up from the grass and back to her feet once more. "So are you going to tell me why your at my house I was just at yours three days ago?...did you miss me" He smirks.
"No, we can't speak here, I'll explain everything and I deserve a full explanation about how your a illegal animagus" She started poking his chest.
"Seems fair, come on, dinner is just about ready, I was doing a bet anyways" James picked up her bag from the grass and they began the wall to his cosy house with all it's warm lights.
"What kinda bet?" She asked playing with her hands.
"Sirius says I couldn't run one length of the field to the other under 10 seconds, I did , took me four attempts but I accomplished it, I was going for 9 seconds when I crashed into you" He explained as the house grew bigger and her heart began to flutter.
"Sirius's family don't know that he's here , right?" She asked in a whisper as they reached the door. James uncharacteristically turned serious.
"Absolutely not" He shook his head.
She let out a shaky breath "good"
"Horatia?"-
"James, I told you not here , I just had to ask" She explained with a look behind her .
"Well I hope you like Steak Pie" He opens the door for her. "It's what we're having" They enter.

As they did, laughter was heard. The sound of a table being set for dinner could be heard. James called for his mother.
"I'm coming" She called back with a laugh in her tone. The house was different from hers. It had colour and brick, with warm air and everything neatly placed. Everything James wasn't. Horatia stood behind James when Mrs Potter came in.
"What is it darling? Why do you have a bag?" She said gently. Horatia winced and stepped out from behind James. He looked down at Horatia then to her mother.
There was a slight silence.
"I'm Horatia-"
"HORATIA!?" A sudden squeal of excitement left her lips and she ran over and embraced the young girl like she never had before. "I feel like I already know , Sirius talks about you so often!" She took a step back.
-----
The laughter from the back room calmed and the floor boards echoed with feet entering the kitchen. Sirius gaped.
"Angel what you doing here?" He asked confusedly, then seeing the bag, something shifted in his eyes. James began spewing something about how Horatia saved Sirius from falling and that she deserved dinner, all the while Sirius looked to his girl
"Something happened" She heard him speak to her through his thoughts. She nodded to , pretending to listen to James .
"Are you hurt?" She shook her head. With a clap from Mr Potter they sudden shifted their attention back to the present.
"Well I think I need to grab another plate" He said "So glad of you to join us" He smiled kindly. "Boys help me lift everything out to the table"
James moved quickly placing her bag on the floor, taking a salad bowl out while his father grabbed the necessities for another guest, Sirius stood for a second, then said-
"You look-"
"Don't say tired, you should know by now you should never say tired" Horatia mused, attempting a joke to ease his worrying thoughts. Though she couldn't help but pick up on Mrs Potter's. Feeling all the more flustered from the compliments she was unknowingly receiving.
"I was going to say pretty"
She looked anything but.
She smiled in response. Sirius turned and grabbed bread plate and walked out the kitchen.
"Horatia" Said Mrs Potter.
"Yes Ms" She played with her hands wringing them with worry.
"I hope you know" Mrs Potter turned with a bottle of wine in hand and looked at her with wonderful blue eyes and smiled "that the guest room is all prepared for you, a letter came this afternoon from someone; I hadn't recognised their handwriting, but did tell me that you were in danger and that you might make an appearance, I prepared the room, you don't have to worry " She smiles and carries the wine bottle in her hand, she leads them through to the beautiful dinning area.