6. I'm not giving up.

The walk home felt like torture, all I wanted to do was to erase the memory of Benito and that girl. But it was haunting my mind and it wouldn't leave me alone.

When I reached my house, I quickly opened the door and sprinted up stairs ignoring my moms voice calling out my name. I didn't really feel like explaining to her how I think I caught feelings for a criminal.

Closing my room door behind me, I took off my jacket and shoes and threw myself on my bed. All I wanted to do at this moment was go to sleep and forget about everything. My phone was blowing up with text messages but I didn't need to look at it to know that it was Jesse checking up on me.

I just wanted this feeling of betrayal to go away. Why did I feel like I was just cheated on when I knew we weren't an item? We barely even knew each other but he made me feel like he wanted this to be something more... I guess this all made sense now, the way he was acting when he left this morning and now this? He really wanted to get the point across that he wanted nothing more with me.

The point was very well understood.

If this was how he was going to be, then I'm glad it happened now when its merely a crush. I should've known better than to think someone like him had good intentions with someone like me.

Putting my phone on do not disturb, I rolled over onto my stomach and got comfortably enough to fall asleep.

---

I woke up to the sound of my mom knocking on my door, letting me know there was an emergency and she had to go, but to call her if I needed anything.

I urged my body to get out of bed and turn on the lights, the darkness was slowly getting to me.

Sliding off my tights, I opened my drawers taking out some shorts and putting them on.

My stomach was growling so that was a sign that I haven't ate in a few hours. I grabbed my phone before heading downstairs.

It shocked me to see that I was 9pm and I had just slept almost 5 hours. I really needed to get some food in my system asap.

As I walked into the kitchen the smell of my moms chicken enchiladas filled my nostrils. Moving a little quicker, I saw a plate cover in aluminum foil and a post it on top.

'I don't know what's going on, but I hope these enchiladas make you feel somewhat better amor mio'

I smile, taking off the foil and grabbing a plate. I guess these enchiladas will be the highlight of my day.

Sitting down on the couch, I dig into my food and watch some TV. I pick up my phone thinking it was finally time to respond to Jesses texts and calls, but when I picked up my phone I was surprised to see all of them belonged to an unknown number, but as I scrolled down I knew they were from Benito...

From: Unknown

I didn't want you to see that

I was mad okay

you lied to me

Answer me hazel!

Lied to him? What hell was he talking about, I didn't lie to him about anything, he was the one that played me!

I rolled my eyes, deciding I didn't want to read his other messages, and just turned my attention back to the show and to my food. I took small bites, wanting to savor the delicious taste, but was rudely interrupted by the door bell ringing.

I took a deep breath, a bit angry that I had to put my plate down and stop eating.

Who could it be at this time? no one makes home visits at almost 10 at night. At least not anyone that I know.