16. Slow Steps

"It's about time that you're finally bunny free!" Jesse says, as I opened the door.

Her arms wrap around me in a tight hug.

"I'm so glad you're here." I say, through my laughter.

She nods, then pulls away as she searches my body for something that's not there.

"What are you looking for?"

she does a little walk around, looking me all over, confusing me even more.

"I was looking for a stolen virtue." She says like it was no big deal.

"Jess!" I shockingly say, pushing her playfully. Her words make me blush, my virtue was definitely not stolen but I couldn't help but think about what happened a couple days ago. If that felt amazing, I can only imagine how it can get better from here on.

When I looked back at her, it seemed like she realized something because her eyes were wide open. "But something happened, I can tell. Tell me everything"

I stayed quiet. I've never really spoken about these kinds of things. Only because it was always her getting the action. I didn't know where to start or what to say without feeling awkward about it.

"What did he do?" she says, shaking my shoulders a little to excited about the situation.

"He went down on me." I admit a little to quickly.

Her hands shoot up, covering her mouth in shock. Was that really hard to believe?

"You." She pointed at me. "Hazel." She added. "you let someone go down on you?"

"Not just someone, my boyfriend."

"And you let him?"

"Yes." I laughed, heat rising into my cheeks at how awkward this was getting.

"Finally! Slow steps but you're getting there, tell me everything dude, did you like it?" she grabs my hand and drags me to the couch.

"I loved it." I start off. "It felt as if shattering, it was overwhelming and incredible... i-I don't really know how else to explain it." I run my fingers through my hair, removing it from my face.

"but why didn't you sleep with him?"

"It's too soon, but I don't think Benito wants to wait much longer. He says he doesn't mind waiting but I know that's not so true."

She groans, throwing her head back onto the couch cushions. "Are you ever going to be ready hazel? Junior year, you were with Jonah for 6 months and nothing... how long are you going to make him wait?"

"I don't know Jesse!" I exclaim. "I didn't love Jonah okay! Sex isn't something I want to do with just someone I like; I need to be in love to be able to give myself to someone." And I think I'm falling in love with Benito, I finish the sentence in my mind.

"I need to find myself a man." She huffs out, totally discarding what I just said.

"Well I don't know how I can help you with th-"

"Let's go to a club!" she interrupts me.

"I can't."

"Yes you can, you said so yourself when you texted me to come over." She crossed her arms. "You're free tonight so you can do whatever the hell you want!"

I didn't really feel like getting dressed and going out to a club. But I also knew I would go because I haven't spent any quality time with Jesse and I owed It to her.

"Okay, I'll go... but I don't have much 'club' clothes." I air quote, hoping that might change her mind.

"I do!" she practically yells in my ear. "Let's go to my house, you can wear some of my clothes and then Luke can drop us off."