8. Boyfriend?

I didn't know when I fell asleep, the sun was still out, but I could see it slowly coming down. I quickly looked around, remembering that I was in Benito's apartment. My hands patted around his bed trying to find my phone to see what time it was. I clicked it on, the screen letting me know it was 20 minutes past 5.

Benito has been gone for a good 2 hours, not too long but it still worried me.

I was hoping he would come back without any scratches and preferably soon, because I didn't know what else to do. I wasn't tired so I couldn't go back to sleep.

But if I do remember correctly he had a library in his study, somewhere around the house.

I removed my air force 1's and placed them next to the door as I walked out. Opening every door, I look inside trying to find his study. By the third door, I found it, so I let myself in.

I looked around, nothing seeming out of the ordinary. A smile grew on my face when I saw the amount of books that he had. I ran my hand over his endless collection of books, trying to find one from the bunch to read.

Picking a random green one, I walk towards his barca-lounger in the corner and sat down.

---

5 chapters into the book, I heard the door slam in the distance.

Finally, he's home. I was starting to get worried.

I let out a deep breath that I didn't know I was holding all along and smiled as I walked out of the study and down the hallway. I abruptly came to a stop and the smile on my face disappeared when I almost made it to the living room. There was screaming, lots of screaming.

"Ese hijo de puto cree que me puede joder a mi?" The sound in Benito's voice sounded so malicious, and even though those words weren't for me, they were frightening. "I'm going to find him, and I'm going to kill him!" His words echoed throughout the apartment.

I didn't like this side of him. He terrified me when he acted this way, he was so cold, so dark. This wasn't Benito talking, it was Conejo.

"Calm down Conejo." Someone else said.

I slowly creped out from the side of the wall, trying to see him, but then stopped myself. This was what got me into trouble last time, so I just fully walked out from behind.

Benito didn't see me; he was facing Noriel.

But more importantly, why was Noriel covered in blood? Did something happen to him?

"I need to fucking think about what I'm going to do." Benito said, running a hand over his face. "If we don't find it, estamos jodidos."

"Shh!" Noriel said once he saw me, trying to stop him from saying too much.

"Don't fucking tell me to shush." Benito yelled at Noriel.

"There's someone behind you." He spoke, unsure of what would happen next.

And faster than the speed of light, Benito had taken out a gun and was pointing it at me.

On instinct, my hands raised up in some kind of surrender and my back slammed against the wall in terror. My heart beat sped up and I felt like I forgot how to breathe.

I knew he wouldn't hurt me but for some reason I was scared of what he would do next.

"Fuck!" He shouted, quickly putting his gun down and back in it's place. "Fuck, I'm sorry chiquita I-I forgot you were here." He said, attempting to move forward.