18. The aftermath

The next morning, I woke up to the feeling of Benito's fingers playing with my hair. The feeling was exquisite. I tried keeping quiet the most I could, basking in the amazing feeling it was bringing to me. But I couldn't help but accidently let out a small moan.

"You're awake?" his fingers trailed down my shoulder, and down to my waist.

Before I could answer, he pulled my body closer to him, making me avert my eyes to his.

"Buenos dias hermosa." He says, leaving a lingering kiss on my forehead.

"Good morning." I wrap my arms tighter around him, letting the feeling of his body against mine take over my every being.

The way his arms hold me, made me feel safe.

"Last night..." he began. "It shouldn't have happened, And I'm so sorry that I couldn't keep you safe."

"you did keep me safe." I reach up, caressing his jawline.

He shook his head, tightly closing his eyes.

"I wasn't there to protect you." He says, licking his lips. "If my boys weren't watching over you, I don't know what would've happened."

"It's okay Benito, you took care of it." I try to assure him. "We don't have to talk about it anymore."

"I- I just can't help to think of the what if's... what if he would've gotten what he wanted, you would've had to live with that for the rest of your life Chiquita." His arms tighten around me with each word. "Your first time-" he cuts himself off, not being able to finish his sentence.

"Don't think about it, it's just going to hurt us both." I tell him, trying to get him to stop talking, it was just bringing up all the horrible memories from last night.

He nods his head, as he removes his arms from around me and slides off the bed.

"Let's take a bath." He states, not bothering to ask because he knew I wouldn't turn him down.

I place my hand in his, pulling the covers off of me as he helps me out of bed. Without letting go of my hand, I walk behind him in unsteady legs. My body was still shaken up about last nights incident and no matter what I tried it wouldn't go away.

I lean against the sink, while Benito turns on the water, making sure that the temperature was just right for us. My eyes linger on his body as his fingers hook under my t-shirt. He signals for me to lift my arms up, making it easier for him to strip it off me.

"Do you think you can manage with the rest or do you need my help?" He asks, referring to my bra and underwear.

"Help me."

I knew I could manage on my own but I didn't want to. The only thing making me feel better was his touch.

His body gets closer to mine, as his arms wrap around me reaching to unfasten my bra. He pushes the straps down, his eyes never leaving mine. Once it's discarded on the floor, he hooks his fingertips into my panties, and slides them down my legs.

He presses his lips to my forehead before helping me climb into the tub. The warm water flowing around me. I look up, just in time to catch him slip out of his boxers.

As he gets in, I slide forward some, to give him space. Once he's all in, he grabs me by the waste and pulls me back until I am pressed against his chest.

"How are you feeling?" He asks, as his fingertips slide up and down my arm. "You didn't drink anything, did you?"

I shake my head, grabbing his hands and wrapping his arms around me.