"Goodbye Itori, I'll catch up with you Friday!" Amber waved away as Jane itched to climb up the stairs and leave for the apartment. She honestly couldn't stand the damp ally which she was left in. Therefore, without Amber she continued onward until she had reached the old home she used to have.

Seeing the familiar bars covering the window screens, Jane was reluctant to actually enter the apartment which now appeared to be a prison. Thus explaining why she continued to walk further until she reached the twentieth Ward, home to Anteiku without her knowing.

Jane was just idly wandering against the sunset backdrop of curiosity, she was unable to rip her eyes from the unnatural scenery which no longer seemed normal considering where she was for the past few years.

"Hello? Are you lost?" A boy with black hair asked out of the blue, pulling Jane from her daze until she was face to face with him. From first impressions, she found him strange due to the white bandage covering his left eye.

"I'm fine, just trying to find something to do" Jane announced.

"Well, there's this coffee shop called Anteiku. I actually work there, it would okay to come with me" he smiled innocently.

"I'm... I didn't get your name",

"Oh, I'm Kaneki Ken. It's nice to meet you...-",

"I'm Jane, Jane Fraser" She introduced before they proceeded toward the small coffee shop located down a quiet street nearby.

Once they entered, a bell sounded to announce their arrival. She had to admit that the place was quaint, nicer than the bar her sister had dragged her to. And because of this, she had forgotten to contact Amber at all of her whereabouts.

Wiping down the tables was a young man seeming to be Kaneki's age while a girl of blue hair served the odd tables populating the small café. The whole aura of the building was light and overwhelmed Jane with a serenity she hadn't experienced in many years. Therefore, she basked in the silent company of clacking glass and the aroma of coffee.

"Is there anything I could get you?" Kaneki offered to have Jane silently shake her head, even the subtle movement nearly went unnoticed.

Throughout the next three hours, all the ghouls working the café were in awe of the silent girl sitting beside the window. For moments they all thought she could've been searching for something amongst the reflection of the glass. But, there was nothing there but her somber expression looking back.

The only thing that pulled her from the daze was the non-frequent bell situated above the door. That's when Touka realised what she was doing... She was waiting for someone. They weren't sure who, obviously they wouldn't. Yet, nothing could soothe their intrigue toward the westerner. Jane was far from unnoticeable. And in an odd sense, she reminded Kaneki of Rize or her façade at least.

Meanwhile, as the ghouls tried to figure out the enigma sitting at table five, Jane was in her own world. On repeat she played the weeks she had spent in Japan as a teen. In the silence she was able to fully evaluate those moments with a sober mind (one clear of drugs).

"Here's a hot chocolate" a small voice announced, causing Jane to turn to see a small girl with a huge mug sitting in her hands.

"Thank you very much" she said sweetly,

"That's okay, Kaneki thought you could use it",

"I probably could considering the memories coming to mind",

"Is it anything you can talk to me about?" the girl asked nicely with an energy breathing through her small form.

"No, I think it's best if I work it out myself" and with that she left the table so Jane could continue in her deep contemplation.

Already, the sun had slipped behind the horizon and rid Anteiku of all natural light. Therefore, she soaked in the warmth radiating from the mug until none of it was left. She enjoyed the atmosphere, the emotions that seeped through her skin while she sat in the heartfelt restaurant.

"Do you need me to walk you home?" A voice suddenly asked to capture her attention. In front of Jane -sitting in the opposite chair- was the man from The Helter Skelter.

He seemed cold and reformed with his straight body posture as he assessed the woman before him. Yomo had in fact, never seen Jane face on, only from a distance with Uta's overprotective nature.

With this, he could clearly pick out the traits which drew Uta to her. However, his statement didn't change, Jane wasn't the same as she was before. All trace of the bubbly, young teen was swept away with the caramel hair and conservative clothing.

"That would be appreciated".